1. Standard memberBlobby
    You Cheeky
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 20:24
    hi and no offesne Fuzzyamp but why the hell are you entering banded 1000-1100 tourneys when your real ratings in the 1500's what is the point i was going ot join my first banded tourney but i am now having second thoughs when i no i cna not however strong a play realisticly beat you
  2. Standard memberFat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    Up from mainstream
    Moves
    16 Jan '05 04:581 edit
    Agreed, I believe this to be bad sportsmanship. When I enter a rating limited tournament, I expect to be paired against people that are of the same basic skill level. Someone who is above that skill SHOULD NOT BE ENTERING THESE TOURNAMENTS!!!

Just imagine the people that this guy would get paired up against in say, the second round(not like there's much chance he won't advance)

1050 rated player:Alright, I advanced, I might have a chance at going all the way in this one! Especially if I keep playing like I did in the first round.

1050 rated player after second round begins:What? Why is there a 1500 rated player in this tournament. I don't even have a chance at beating this guy.

1050 rated player after losing to 1500 rated player:This is bogus man, I beat everyone in my bracket except for this guy. I was playing as good a chess game as ever.

1500 rated player after winning the tournament:Yay! I won a tournament! I'm the best player there by a wide margin.

Well DUH!

Sometimes you'd think that someone would have at least a little decency.

-Fatty
  3. Standard memberBlobby
    You Cheeky
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jan '05 09:57
    and this guy hasen't just entered 1 banded 1000-1100 tourney hes entered three its just unreal i'm going to personally message this guy it jus not right 😠
  4. Canada
    Moves
    16 Jan '05 18:43
    While I don't feel the need to justify my entry in any of the tourneys I have entered, I will say that I am nowhere near a 1500 player as I have been accused. I did have a rating once on this site of 1594 however that was primarily due to move timeouts in several one day tourneys. My rating then went to a more correct level once I played regular games again.

Perhaps before you make the assumption that my skill level is too high to enter the tourney, you should have a look at some of my public games to see what kind of a game I play. I have lost over 300 games on this site and have not won nearly as many. I have beaten some good players (sometimes by timeout and occasionally not) and I have lost to some truly awful players also.
  5. Standard memberOuermyhte
    Muffy rocks your God
    Stars
    Moves
    16 Jan '05 19:18
    im not complaining, cos the games im playing with fuzzyamp are good, but what is ur real level if its not 1500?
  6. Canada
    Moves
    16 Jan '05 19:47
    That's a good question. It's also hard to answer. Most of my games lately have been against players rated 1200 and below and I have been having some successes. When I play a majority of my games against players rated 1300 or higher, I don't see those successes. I would therefore guess somewhere between 1200 and 1300.
  7. Standard memberFat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    Up from mainstream
    Moves
    17 Jan '05 06:31
    Originally posted by fuzzyamp
    While I don't feel the need to justify my entry in any of the tourneys I have entered, I will say that I am nowhere near a 1500 player as I have been accused. I did have a rating once on this site of 1594 however that was primarily due to move timeouts in several one day tourneys. My rating then went to a more correct level once I played regular games agai ...[text shortened]... rs (sometimes by timeout and occasionally not) and I have lost to some truly awful players also.
    Alright, so you aren't a 1500 player, but by your graph I see that you stay at least around 1300. Fair enough, my statements were a bit drastic. But this still doesn't explain why a 1300 player is entered in the Rho banded 1000-1099. Now, if you could explain to me(and more importantly, anyone who is of the right skill level and entered in the tournament) as to why you are entered in a tournament where you are on average 200 points above?

The tournament hasn't started yet, and you are already above the ratings limit, so please withdraw. For the sake of good sportsmanship.

Slightly less frustrated,
    -Fatty
  8. Canada
    Moves
    17 Jan '05 15:11
    Done.
  9. Standard memberFat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    Up from mainstream
    Moves
    17 Jan '05 21:41
    Originally posted by fuzzyamp
    Done.
    Thank you. Now that that's over, no hard feelings?

Finally not frustrated,
    -Fatty
  10. Standard memberBlobby
    You Cheeky
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '05 21:52
    yes!
  11. Standard memberBlobby
    You Cheeky
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '05 21:54
    Hey wait what about the january o5 1000-1099 banded tournement 😠😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree