1. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    23 May '04 10:44
    Israel is not in Africa, glad you guys figured that one out!

The USA is not a part of South America or Oceania!

Scotland is not a part of Oceania!

And while we are on the topic of Oceania...neither is the Uk, Japan or Canada.

This is nonsense. The rules for the Continental tourneys are laid out in black and white. Come on guys.
  2. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    23 May '04 16:56
    Yes, I see that Texas is now part of Africa. A bit disappointing because the the person involved is about 200 points higher rated than anyone else in the tournament. So he is likely to win it. Bad enough we have a Texan stuffing up the World, now we've we got one stuffing up RHP, too.

What is going on, Russ? Shouldn't he be disqualified?
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    23 May '04 17:08
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Yes, I see that Texas is now part of Africa. A bit disappointing because the the person involved is about 200 points higher rated than anyone else in the tournament. So he is likely to win it. Bad enough we have a Texan stuffing up the World, now we've we got one stuffing up RHP, too.

What is going on, Russ? Shouldn't he be disqualified?
    I have messaged Russ and asked that the player in question be removed from the tournament.

I am not making moves against him in the meantime.

I also messaged the player and asked him waht he was doing in an African continental tournament.

All I got was...YOU ARE SCARED OF LOSING and I KNOW IT SAYS PLAYERS FROM AFRICA ONLY, BUT IT LET ME ENTER SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM and I ONLY DID IT BECAUSE I WANTED TO PLAY MORE GAMES AND THE NORTH AMERICAN TOURNEY WAS FULL...

4. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    23 May '04 17:23
    Originally posted by saffa73

I am not making moves against him in the meantime.

I will do likewise. I would rather be timed out than play someone who has no respect for others.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    23 May '04 17:27
    let's see what Russ will come up with...
  6. Amsterdam
    Moves
    23 May '04 18:39
    Ehrm people... this person is evidentely a real (...), but it's stupid to then just let your games time-out! Doubtfull that he would care, just trash this guy, let your chess do the talking! 🙂

O.
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    23 May '04 18:48
    It's the principle..Us South Africans are stubborn.
  8. Virginia
    Moves
    24 May '04 16:50
    I agree. The geography is an issue.

One note, technically, USA could be in Oceania if they are Hawaii or even US Samoa. Not saying that those people are though.
  9. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    27 May '04 00:00
    Originally posted by Pie1120
    One note, technically, USA could be in Oceania if they are Hawaii or even US Samoa. Not saying that those people are though.
    I do not think this is correct Hawaii and Us Samoa are US soil and therefore part of North America.
  10. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    27 May '04 00:16
    I think the touney is based on continents and have nothing to do with political boundries. Therefore, Hawaii is Oceania, regardless of the country that governs it. Same with Guam. It's the same idea of Russians joining Asia or Europe depending on which continent they are on and not which country they are in.
  11. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    27 May '04 23:35
    Still..not much of a debate over whether the USA is part of Africa...
  12. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    28 May '04 04:23
    Well, I'm not defending the people that can't figure out the difference between Australia and Austria 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree