1. DonationDustnrogers
    Canada'sChamp
    Calgary Alberta
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 09:22
    Does anyone have the same luck i do!

The last three outta four tournies i have entered...
    Ive been one of the higher rated seeds...Im thinking to myself, i have good potential to go to the second round probably in this tourney, such as the the Vor Tourney that started today...

but three outta the 4 times now i have drawn Ironman31 in the first round, which is good in a sense, i get to have one hell of a learning experience 6 times. The other part that sucks is, my hopes are dwindling everymove that i play against him...oh well i suppose...he is the best...I just gotta take it off the shoulder and hope for the best!

D
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 10:00
    I had the luck a couple of times on the rare occasion I enter a non-banded tournament, to get drawn into a group with not one, but two 2000+ players of a total of four players (including myself). That's bad luck!
  3. DonationDustnrogers
    Canada'sChamp
    Calgary Alberta
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 15:26
    Okay i agree with you on that one, thats horrible luck!
  4. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 19:17
    Originally posted by Dustnrogers

three outta the 4 times now i have drawn Ironman31 in the first round

I drew him recently - apart from the disappointment of not getting to the second round, it was an awesome experience. I've never been so thoroughly and ruthlessly ground into the dust. I would keep thinking haha, he's made a mistake, only to realise many moves later that every dubious move he makes has some future deadly purpose. Grind, grind, grind...
    :'(
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 08:03
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I had the luck a couple of times on the rare occasion I enter a non-banded tournament, to get drawn into a group with not one, but two 2000+ players of a total of four players (including myself). That's bad luck!
    The one advantage you have over Dustin is you won't loose a point (well, maybe 1) off your rating. He on the other hand has to take it on the chin.
  6. Joined
    15 Apr '05
    Moves
    05 May '05 04:041 edit
  7. Earth Prime
    Moves
    08 May '05 20:03
    his rating doesn't seem to go up anyway. Isn't it at 2455, and been like that for a while?
  8. Standard memberfierytorment
    Mr. Flame of Fury
    Winona Lake
    Moves
    08 May '05 20:19
    the more you play him though, the better you will get and you will learn a lot. Don't back away from playing the best, look forward to it

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree