1. Pennsylvania,USA
    Moves
    13 May '03 21:01
    I know only the top finishers in tournaments advance. But how many of the top? I'm in BASECAMP PLAYOFF (if the tournament names make a difference).
  2. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    14 May '03 01:43
    Originally posted by AlanT
    I know only the top finishers in tournaments advance. But how many of the top? I'm in BASECAMP PLAYOFF (if the tournament names make a difference).
    The next round would consist of four players (minimum for the base camp tournament). More players would progress if and only if they were equal first in their group.

Mute since i resigned from my tournaments games, but I could have proceeded to the second round of knockout III (where i was playing ronster) if I had of won our second match. Ronster won one game and i was one move from winning the second before i resigned. So in the knockout tournaments 64 players (minimum) proceed to the second round plus any players who finished their first round games on equla points.

-trekkie
  3. Joined
    24 Feb '03
    Moves
    14 May '03 07:59
    i'm in the same group of Alan T and you can look the situation :
    if i don't win the match with torokc ( very hard ), i become second.
    if i win, both i and etecka finish at 49.
    i get the final group only in the first case?
    why none know the rules? are there rules??

bye stefano
  4. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    14 May '03 21:52
    Originally posted by nowherelands
    i'm in the same group of Alan T and you can look the situation :
    if i don't win the match with torokc ( very hard ), i become second.
    if i win, both i and etecka finish at 49.
    i get the final group only in the first case?
    why none know the rules? are there rules??

bye stefano
    Stefano
    Let me clarify what i said earlier, i noiw have had a very good look at your group in the base camp playoff.

Okay, at the time i am writing this you are on 43 points with 14 wins, a draw, one loss and two games to finish. Assuming you win both of those games you will end up on 49 points.

Etecka has also had one draw and one loss, though has six games remaining to play, now if Etecka wins all six remaining games she/he will also be on 49 points.

Question: who goes through to the next round ?

Answer: Both of you.

Therefore, if you win both games you will be guranteed to get through to the next round. If you lose one game and win the other, you have to rely in one of etecka's opponents wining a game, so you can both go through on equal points.

-trekkie
  5. Joined
    24 Feb '03
    Moves
    15 May '03 11:32
    thanks a lot trekkie,
    now my score is 46, i plane to suggest a draw to torokc if etecka lose one...

bye Stefano
  6. Standard memberpadfoot
    Discombobulating...
    cloning vat
    Moves
    18 May '03 19:34
    I never seem to be able to win tournament game even against the weekest oponents... *sigh*

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree