1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    25 Jan '06 23:04
    Tournament 531
    Tournament 649
    Tournament 687 (round just started after a slow draw between me and Daniv)
    Tournament 705
    Tournament 737
    Tournament 834 not yet, but I can see me playing out the last games in this round
    Tournament 870 as above

So... 7 tournies in all. I had never thought about this until I was browsing my in-progress groups tonight and saw this alarming pattern.

I hate to be a slow coach and holding things up, but at the same time I'm within my rights to play within the time controls. Should I speed up?
  2. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '06 23:27
    I think you're well within your right to play as fast as you want so long as you don't wait UNTIL the time control before playing each move!

P.S. I'm playing in tournament 870, get a move on would you!
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 07:23
    Well rhb, you brought up the topic. I would say as long as you move there is no problem, but some people might wonder if posting a lot in the forums will actually increase your speed in the games. (Not necessarily connected of course, but then ...)
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 16:35
    Originally posted by rhb
    Tournament 531
    Tournament 649
    Tournament 687 (round just started after a slow draw between me and Daniv)
    Tournament 705
    Tournament 737
    Tournament 834 not yet, but I can see me playing out the last games in this round
    Tournament 870 as above

So... 7 tournies in all. I had never thought about this until I was browsing my in-progress groups tonight and saw ...[text shortened]... but at the same time I'm within my rights to play within the time controls. Should I speed up?
    I'd take your time against Daniv, good player!
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:38
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    I'd take your time against Daniv, good player!
    I know - the pairing system put us together agin in round 3... it'll be tough.

As for the tournies, yes I mentioned it, I guess I was surprised that more players were not fully using the time controls and therefore games being more protracted (like these ones)

As for time in forums, I doss in the forums when my brain feels like mush and I don't want to move. When I feel a bit sharper I try to tackle my games instead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree