Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 13 Nov '04 16:44
    Hooray for me! Im so proud, even though it was the Alpha Banded 3x3 1000-1099

Carry on
  2. Standard member Ravello
    The RudeĀ©
    13 Nov '04 18:10
    Congratulations,I will soon update the ''Overview all tournaments'' thread and put your name in the tourny Hall of Fame!
  3. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    14 Nov '04 19:15
    Well done Svin1.

I wish there would be more rating-controlled tournaments. Playing a tournament with people having ratings of 1600 or above gives me or anybody with a rating like I do (around 1250-1350) no chance of winning a trournament in the general categorie. Not that it is important to win, but I think many people with a low or average rating would like to play in tournaments against people with an almost equal rating knowing even they have a chance of winning eventually. I have been a full member for a month now, and have seen only two rating controlled (series of) tournaments going by and have seen a general tournament being started almost every day.
  4. Standard member Ravello
    The RudeĀ©
    14 Nov '04 19:30 / 1 edit
    Yes,you're absolutely right.
    More banded tournaments,we're tired to play with no chance of going ahead or win tournaments,damn the grouped randoms!!!!
  5. 14 Nov '04 20:28
    Thanks!

I agree, rating controlled tournaments is a welcome chance for some of us mediocre players to pull in a victory every now and then. I personally stopped playing random grouped/grand/etc tourneys cause I end up as cannon fodder every time. Occasionally you'll run into players with an artificial low rating in banded tourneys, either because of a bunch of timeout losses or because they've just started playing on this site, but overall the games are very equal.
  6. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    22 Nov '04 05:05
    I agree and I'm giving you my recomendation . Banded tourney's are fun, you get pitted against people of your skill level generally and can make for great games. Josh
  7. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    22 Nov '04 11:48
    Yes! A rating controlled tournament has been started and is now open for signing in.