Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. Subscriber widget
    NowYouSeeIt
    28 Oct '05 15:53 / 1 edit
    Just posted open... two grids: +/- 1400 ~ great prizes at

http://www.geocities.com/douglas_sloan/Backpack_corkscrew.JPG

But, naturally, sod off f'r gawd's sic! ~ the wine is not included.

Thanks to Checkagain for making this - our first at IVV - Tourny a reality. 😏
  2. 28 Oct '05 15:59
    Hopefully the first of many.
    Still looking for 2 new members....
  3. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    28 Oct '05 18:49
    That corkscrew is mine...!
  4. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    28 Oct '05 20:49
    The band is soo big on the upper one 😞. Wouldn't stand a chance so I'll pass on this one.
  5. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    28 Oct '05 21:03
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    The band is soo big on the upper one 😞. Wouldn't stand a chance so I'll pass on this one.
    Come on, I enter 'normal' tournaments too without any chance of advancing (although I once advanced in one and got in a group the next round with only 1900+ players).
  6. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    28 Oct '05 21:20
    How come two players with a provisional rating are able to join a rating controlled tournament? I thought that was not possible. Looks like at least one of them is most likely a 1500+ player to be... Sigh...
  7. Subscriber widget
    NowYouSeeIt
    28 Oct '05 23:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Aiko
    How come two players with a provisional rating are able to join a rating controlled tournament? I thought that was not possible. Looks like at least one of them is most likely a 1500+ player to be... Sigh...
    The game's the thing, Aiko ! But you know that.... 😏

😛 If only all of life was ultimately as harmless as this little Backpack Tournament!

As the one00 pointed out, btw, In Vino Veritas still has openings for two new members 😵
  8. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    28 Oct '05 23:35
    Just one spot left.
  9. Subscriber widget
    NowYouSeeIt
    28 Oct '05 23:48 / 1 edit
    Just one spot left.
    One spot in the Corkscrew - 30 spots in the Backpack... :'(

😉 And it's such a nice Backpack, too - I tested it and it holds 7 bottles of wine quite comfortably.
  10. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    29 Oct '05 00:06
    Without breaking too many hearts, I would like to point out that I need a corkscrew and will therefore win one, regardless of whether any of you think that you actually stand a chance.
  11. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    29 Oct '05 00:23
    Come on, I enter 'normal' tournaments too without any chance of advancing (although I once advanced in one and got in a group the next round with only 1900+ players).
    Yes, I do to but I already have to many games going and I don't need more against players 200 points higher than me. Maybe next time.
  12. Subscriber widget
    NowYouSeeIt
    29 Oct '05 00:24
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    Without breaking too many hearts, I would like to point out that I need a corkscrew and will therefore win one, regardless of whether any of you think that you actually stand a chance.
    That's the spirit, Fred! 😛

(:'( Soon it'll all be screwcaps, anyway.....)
  13. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    29 Oct '05 00:25
    That corkscrew is mine...!
    You're going to have to fight me for it Aiko.
  14. 29 Oct '05 01:36
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    Wow!

Sounds like corkscrews are a rare commodity around here...😕...go for it boys and may the winner help me open these bottles...😛

Good luck to all!😉
  15. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    29 Oct '05 09:27
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    You're going to have to fight me for it Aiko.
    Not in the first round, it seems.