1. Standard memberkwgoodwin
    Patently Geeky
    US Midwest
    Moves
    02 Feb '05 21:25
    Is there a way to set up an invite only tournament (e.g. I'd like to have a tournament between a bunch of people on a Bulletin Board System and only between them)
  2. London
    Moves
    02 Feb '05 21:40
    just set up the tourney yourself....get the players you want and pick the names out of a hat!

fred
  3. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    02 Feb '05 22:12
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    just set up the tourney yourself....get the players you want and pick the names out of a hat!

fred
    People can't set up tourneys themselves. They have to message a Admin asking for a tourney (like clan sponsered tourneys). I would like to have a invitation only tourney aswell. Is this even possible Russ??
  4. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '05 03:15
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    People can't set up tourneys themselves. They have to message a Admin asking for a tourney (like clan sponsered tourneys). I would like to have a invitation only tourney aswell. Is this even possible Russ??
    actually you can but it wouldnt be an RHP tournament. Anyone though could get together a group of friends, set up a bracket system and have everyone involved set up their own games with whatever the tournament time limits are. Progress along until you have a winner. Not as fun as an RHP tourney though. ou know it would be nice if someone could organize a big one of these maybe do the seeding based on ratings and have ourselves a legit 2005 championship where its seeded instead of random.
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    03 Feb '05 03:57
    Yeah, that'd be cool. What determins seedings? Rating or a bunch of certain different things? I wouldn't mind starting the sign up sheet and deciding the seedings. The way I'd hold it is everyone signs up, then decide the seedings, then pull names out of a hat (literally) and give the lower rating White. I would ask everyone to put the game ID's in the tourney thread so everyone can keep track of everyone else's games. Sound good?
  6. Standard memberkwgoodwin
    Patently Geeky
    US Midwest
    Moves
    03 Feb '05 23:29
    That's what we'll do if we can't do one using the RHP system. Although it'd be a lot easier to do it AND would like get those of the "group" to end up joining RHP (as only 10 of the 24 are members now).
  7. London
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 00:16
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    lol i didnt describe it too well...i meant just pick the players names out of a hat and pair them off together and then tell the to start the games themselves. then just get them to tell the tourney "leader" who won what game and he will then do the same again for the next round.

fred

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree