1. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 16:37
    This should be ready for round 2, the only game holding it up is this one: Game 198256 This should have been automatically drawn on move #80 by reason of insuffient mating material. We really do need the basic chess rules incorporated into this site.
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 17:12
    Originally posted by SkipSlot
    This should be ready for round 2, the only game holding it up is this one: Game 198256 This should have been automatically drawn on move #80 by reason of insuffient mating material. We really do need the basic chess rules incorporated into this site.
    It is possible to mate with Knight /Bishop but it is complex.

skeeter
  3. Over seas
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 17:211 edit
    I think I could snuff that king. Any one for a set piece?

Mike
  4. Over seas
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 17:23
    Originally posted by skeeter
    It is possible to mate with Knight /Bishop but it is complex.

skeeter
    Don't forget the king.
  5. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 17:40
    I see mate in 18. But 50 moves have been made without the capture of a piece.
  6. Joined
    09 Apr '03
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 18:11
    I see mate in 18. But 50 moves have been made without the capture of a piece.
    I believe this one is correct. According to FIDE: the last 50 consecutive moves have been made by each player without the movement of any pawn and without the capture of any piece. However, if the player makes a move without having claimed the draw he loses the right to claim. But of course this is not FIDE.
  7. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    14 Nov '03 20:31
    Originally posted by The Sicilian
    I believe this one is correct. According to FIDE: the last 50 consecutive moves have been made by each player without the movement of any pawn and without the capture of any piece. However, if the player makes a move without having claimed the draw he loses the right to claim. But of course this is not FIDE.
    Yes - The fide rules used to make exceptions for combinations where a certain win was possible but only in more than 50 rulse. However the latest Fide rules have reinstated the 50 move rule and it is now pragmatically regarded as too bad if you have enough to win but have to draw because of the 50 move rule.

So as long as the player is not checkmated and there are no pawn moves or captures he has the right to claim a draw when it is his go on move 50, 51, 52 etc after the last pawn move / capture.
  8. Indonesia
    Moves
    18 Nov '03 03:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree