Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. Standard member schweigi
    Member of Gonzo Clan
    26 May '03 18:05
    Somebody mentioned the idea of a knock out quick fire tournament a while ago ... I just can't get this idea out of my head.

Chris, Russ ... what do you think about it?

And please - don't start it without me ;-)
  2. 26 May '03 18:22
    Originally posted by schweigi
    Somebody mentioned the idea of a knock out quick fire tournament a while ago ... I just can't get this idea out of my head.

that was me.....and if they make one I cant wait to play in itπŸ˜€
  3. Standard member dfm65
    The Godfather
    01 Jun '03 09:01
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    that was me.....and if they make one I cant wait to play in itπŸ˜€
    it was me too, and i still think its a good idea...
  4. 01 Jun '03 20:26
    Originally posted by schweigi

Yeah! Good idea....this way you don't have to move 50 games each day...! Still each day, but oke...only 2!

Olav
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    07 Jun '03 22:49
    I have just created this tournament.

-Russ
  6. Standard member Varg
    Thinking...
    08 Jun '03 02:00
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have just created this tournament.

-Russ
    Darn! I would so love to enter this but in 3 weeks I won't be able to play for several weeks, and I doubt it will be finished by then πŸ™
  7. 08 Jun '03 03:39
    Originally posted by Varg
    Darn! I would so love to enter this but in 3 weeks I won't be able to play for several weeks, and I doubt it will be finished by then πŸ™
    Crap! me too, I'm away for 4 weeks stating july first....I hope there is a Knockout Quickfire 2. 😡
  8. Standard member jot
    08 Jun '03 08:06
    Are tournament games be timeoutable within the first 2 moves? If not you could wait until you get back before starting them! I realise this isn't quite the point of a quickfire tourney 😴
  9. 08 Jun '03 08:15
    Originally posted by jot
    Are tournament games be timeoutable within the first 2 moves? If not you could wait until you get back before starting them! I realise this isn't quite the point of a quickfire tourney 😴
    they are timeoutable whithin the first 0 moves, they dont do it by moves just daysm if you dont mack a move in 24 hours then you can be T/O'd
  10. 08 Jun '03 12:11
    I'm in!!! Good luck to you, all my opponents!

Olav
  11. Standard member jot
    08 Jun '03 17:45
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    they are timeoutable whithin the first 0 moves, they dont do it by moves just daysm if you dont mack a move in 24 hours then you can be T/O'd
    Perhaps it would be nice if we were given a couple of days warning before the tourney starts - to cancel any dinner arrangements etc. 😡 - I don't fancy turning up and finding I've been timed out before I realised it started. πŸ™„ I suppose you're going to say I'm missing the point of it being quickfire.... 😞
  12. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    09 Jun '03 11:39
    I will post here giving 2 days notice before the start of the quickfire knockout.

-Russ
  13. 09 Jun '03 16:10
    Originally posted by Russ
    I will post here giving 2 days notice before the start of the quickfire knockout.

-Russ
    Thanks! I'm afraid as well that when I come home from school....in need of a good game of chess, the games are already over...πŸ˜•

Olav