Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard memberschweigi
    Member of Gonzo Clan
    Innsbruck, Austria
    Joined
    11 Dec '01
    Moves
    37411
    26 May '03 18:05
    Somebody mentioned the idea of a knock out quick fire tournament a while ago ... I just can't get this idea out of my head.

    Chris, Russ ... what do you think about it?

    And please - don't start it without me ;-)
  2. Steelers Country
    Joined
    12 Apr '02
    Moves
    32833
    26 May '03 18:22
    Originally posted by schweigi
    Somebody mentioned the idea of a knock out quick fire tournament a while ago ... I just can't get this idea out of my head.

    Chris, Russ ... what do you think about it?

    And please - don't start it without me ;-)
    that was me.....and if they make one I cant wait to play in itπŸ˜€
  3. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Joined
    29 Jan '02
    Moves
    52216
    01 Jun '03 09:01
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    that was me.....and if they make one I cant wait to play in itπŸ˜€
    it was me too, and i still think its a good idea...
  4. Amsterdam
    Joined
    26 Jan '03
    Moves
    27540
    01 Jun '03 20:26
    Originally posted by schweigi
    Somebody mentioned the idea of a knock out quick fire tournament a while ago ... I just can't get this idea out of my head.

    Chris, Russ ... what do you think about it?

    And please - don't start it without me ;-)
    Yeah! Good idea....this way you don't have to move 50 games each day...! Still each day, but oke...only 2!

    Olav
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    2031
    07 Jun '03 22:49
    I have just created this tournament.

    -Russ
  6. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Joined
    20 Jan '03
    Moves
    14580
    08 Jun '03 02:00
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have just created this tournament.

    -Russ
    Darn! I would so love to enter this but in 3 weeks I won't be able to play for several weeks, and I doubt it will be finished by then πŸ™
  7. Steelers Country
    Joined
    12 Apr '02
    Moves
    32833
    08 Jun '03 03:39
    Originally posted by Varg
    Darn! I would so love to enter this but in 3 weeks I won't be able to play for several weeks, and I doubt it will be finished by then πŸ™
    Crap! me too, I'm away for 4 weeks stating july first....I hope there is a Knockout Quickfire 2. 😡
  8. London
    Joined
    20 Dec '02
    Moves
    8341
    08 Jun '03 08:06
    Are tournament games be timeoutable within the first 2 moves? If not you could wait until you get back before starting them! I realise this isn't quite the point of a quickfire tourney 😴
  9. Steelers Country
    Joined
    12 Apr '02
    Moves
    32833
    08 Jun '03 08:15
    Originally posted by jot
    Are tournament games be timeoutable within the first 2 moves? If not you could wait until you get back before starting them! I realise this isn't quite the point of a quickfire tourney 😴
    they are timeoutable whithin the first 0 moves, they dont do it by moves just daysm if you dont mack a move in 24 hours then you can be T/O'd
  10. Amsterdam
    Joined
    26 Jan '03
    Moves
    27540
    08 Jun '03 12:11
    I'm in!!! Good luck to you, all my opponents!

    Olav
  11. London
    Joined
    20 Dec '02
    Moves
    8341
    08 Jun '03 17:45
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    they are timeoutable whithin the first 0 moves, they dont do it by moves just daysm if you dont mack a move in 24 hours then you can be T/O'd
    Perhaps it would be nice if we were given a couple of days warning before the tourney starts - to cancel any dinner arrangements etc. 😡 - I don't fancy turning up and finding I've been timed out before I realised it started. πŸ™„ I suppose you're going to say I'm missing the point of it being quickfire.... 😞
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    2031
    09 Jun '03 11:39
    I will post here giving 2 days notice before the start of the quickfire knockout.

    -Russ
  13. Amsterdam
    Joined
    26 Jan '03
    Moves
    27540
    09 Jun '03 16:10
    Originally posted by Russ
    I will post here giving 2 days notice before the start of the quickfire knockout.

    -Russ
    Thanks! I'm afraid as well that when I come home from school....in need of a good game of chess, the games are already over...πŸ˜•

    Olav
Back to Top