Originally posted by EPIC RAYQUAZA
    it wont let me join tourniments!
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=subs
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 Sep '10 21:05
    Originally posted by atticus2
    That 10% rule sounds quite sensible. It provides a realistic timeframe for progression.

As it is, if I were to enter the 3-day ladder at pos. 843, then by winning every 30-move game in which both players used their allotted time, I would reach the top ten after 40 years 😲

This presents a problem: I doubt I have 40 years left :'(

ps. Progress on the 7-day ladder would take 70 years; on the 21-day ladder, 132 years
    It amuses me that I am at position 10 on the 3 day ladder (currently defending against a player graded 1918 who should trash me) and 20 on the 7 day ladder (defending against a player graded 1797 who might well do the same) despite having had to defend my slot steadily from the outset. Maybe I even had a few games where I played better than expected. I was worried by one threat but the player (2k plus) happily lost on time: that skull was smacked on sight! At present the few people higher up and available for me to challenge have already trashed me so often it is embarrassing to ask them to play again, though when I am in the mood it is fun to take on the number one slot: famous for a few weeks 🙂 . I draw no conclusions whatever from all this.

It would be interesting to be able to review the history of games played specifically on each ladder: something similar to the history of clan games displayed under info by each player.
  5. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 23:13
    Long climb over. I've quit the 1-day ladder. I didn't quite make the top. But so what. There are better ways of exercising my competitive drive than pointlessly striving for the top of a ladder. Good luck to those who remain
  6. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 01:33
    I opted to skip the one day ladder for obvious reasons.
  7. Joined
    18 Mar '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 12:23
    And there seem to be quite some games like this, between inactive players, blocking challenge opportunities for others.

Game 7524048

Pls let's get rid of those. Players 'leaving the ladder' stay in the system forever if they dont claim the timeout!!

Bart VH
    Position 464 in the 7days L, and noone to challenge
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 03:07
    Originally posted by BartVH
    And there seem to be quite some games like this, between inactive players, blocking challenge opportunities for others.

Game 7524048

Pls let's get rid of those. Players 'leaving the ladder' stay in the system forever if they dont claim the timeout!!

Bart VH
    Position 464 in the 7days L, and noone to challenge
    It still seems to be there! Fascinating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree