1. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 04:37
    I have seen some tournaments where there are lines through people's names and even though they might have won the round the lower point person goes through instead of them.

Why does this happen? If you tell someone you drop out does someone else get to take your place? Is it folks getting caught cheating somehow? What gives?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 05:09
    they're the cheating players
  3. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 05:10
    Yes, these are players caught cheating
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 10:51
    i taught a 4 year old to play chess ...

i said : blah blah blah ... and i said; your king is the most important piece on the board .. you must protect your king .. and i said ; blah blah blah ....

and she was white and ....

for her first move: she took her king off the board and sat on it then said :"your turn"

i was shocked ... i think i asked her if she wanted to play chasey around the garden.
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 12:09
    Originally posted by GambitAccepted
    I have seen some tournaments where there are lines through people's names and even though they might have won the round the lower point person goes through instead of them.

Why does this happen? If you tell someone you drop out does someone else get to take your place? Is it folks getting caught cheating somehow? What gives?
    Yea the cheats gambit boy!The people that let their engines do all the thinking.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree