Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    19 May '05 02:38
    Is anyone else looking forward to this as much as I am? I mean, look as the people who are in there (http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/enter.php?tid=591)! It's going to be a shootout alright, just about anybody in there has a good shot at winning it. Mini Banded's are great πŸ˜€!

Josh
  2. 19 May '05 03:59
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Is anyone else looking forward to this as much as I am? I mean, look as the people who are in there (http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/enter.php?tid=591)! It's going to be a shootout alright, just about anybody in there has a good shot at winning it. Mini Banded's are great πŸ˜€!

Josh
    bring it on....

3. Standard member buffalobill
    Major Bone
    29 May '05 14:58
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    bring it on....

Regrettably, I won't be playing because I'm resigning all my games. My rating has continued to improve since I first entered although it's going to come down a bit. But even then I just don't think it right that I should play with a rating more than 100 points above the band. Tough decision which I agonised over but I feel it's just not right, nor in the spirit of the banded tourney.
  4. Standard member ivangrice
    Deracinated
    29 May '05 19:13
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    Regrettably, I won't be playing because I'm resigning all my games. My rating has continued to improve since I first entered although it's going to come down a bit. But even then I just don't think it right that I should play with a rating more than 100 points above the band. Tough decision which I agonised over but I feel it's just not right, nor in the spirit of the banded tourney.
    An act as noble as that gets a rec from me.
  5. Standard member jfkjmh
    nice one
    30 May '05 09:59 / 1 edit
    Good to see that there are noble people arond😡
    But if a player resigns all games against opponents with a lower rating after the first 2 moves then the players rating goes down a lot. Then you are underrated again and that punishes your future opponents :'(

My future advice:
    Tell your opponents that the tournament is not that fair with you participating and offer a draw to every opponent. If they don't agree it's their problem and if they take it it's fair to them and not too unfair to your future opponents.😏
  6. Standard member buffalobill
    Major Bone
    30 May '05 10:13 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by jfkjmh
    Good to see that there are noble people arond😡
    But if a player resigns all games against opponents with a lower rating after the first 2 moves then the players rating goes down a lot. Then you are underrated again and that punishes your future opponents :'(
    It's okay. I resigned on the first move, so nobody gains and nobody loses.
    I'm just waiting for two players to make their first move...
  7. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    30 May '05 11:48
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    It's okay. I resigned on the first move, so nobody gains and nobody loses.
    I'm just waiting for two players to make their first move...
    surely the ratings do count because it is a tourney game?!? πŸ˜•

fred
  8. Standard member buffalobill
    Major Bone
    30 May '05 13:14
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    surely the ratings do count because it is a tourney game?!? πŸ˜•

fred
    I'm told not if it's less than two moves. My rating hasn't changed.