1. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 12:26
    Originally posted by adramforall
    We now have the case that having resigned both games against bambee, the player in question went on to win both the games against j76.

This means that Bambee will advance if she gets a draw against j76 in either of their games.

j76 must with both the games for all three to advance.

Should all three advance we will have the same situation in the ...[text shortened]... now have the question - should bambee resign her games against j76 to make the round equitable?
    I guess he hasn't resigned the other games because that would have affected his rating. If all advance to the next round, he can (and should) resign then.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 14:33
    Originally posted by gambit05
    I guess he hasn't resigned the other games because that would have affected his rating. If all advance to the next round, he can (and should) resign then.
    it's still really unfair for j76, before he could've got a win and a draw to win the group if the higher rated player resigned both games now he need 2 wins just to stay in the tourney. a bit of a difference.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 17:32
    Originally posted by trev33
    it's still really unfair for j76, before he could've got a win and a draw to win the group if the higher rated player resigned both games now he need 2 wins just to stay in the tourney. a bit of a difference.
    My point exactly, its unfair on j76.

Though it is likely that they will beat bambee, this is by no means guaranteed.
  4. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 20:00
    Yes, but j76 is ALSO a sandbagger. Jan has done a really admirable thing I think in doing his level best to let Bambee through. J76 may not be so generous and quite right that Jan should make him fight.

Hurrah for Jan!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree