money

money

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
01 Dec 04

Forgive me for my question cause I'm new here, but does the winner of a tournament usually get some price money?

Moves
01 Dec 04

No there's no money, because that would probably encourage cheating. Sometimes tornaments are sponsored and there's a token prize of somehing like a DVD or book, but that doesn't happen very often.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
01 Dec 04

It's pure glory you'll win most of the time.

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
01 Dec 04

Originally posted by Ryd
Forgive me for my question cause I'm new here, but does the winner of a tournament usually get some price money?
nope would be insane, like the other guy tebb said it would encourage cheating to who knows what degree. Look at dscp who developed a program to navigate the site and play too and that was with tournaments being with no money now imagine what people would do if they could win money with something like that. Would be matches to see who's computer is better.

cs
i'll decide!

Glasgow Scotland

Moves
01 Dec 04

Originally posted by David Tebb
No there's no money, because that would probably encourage cheating. Sometimes tornaments are sponsored and there's a token prize of somehing like a DVD or book, but that doesn't happen very often.
so some guys here think they are playing for money?