Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard member eddie anders
    Santa.
    22 May '03 07:04
    a tournament is starting for new joiners within the last 3 months so why are people who have been members for 2 years joining it.
  2. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    22 May '03 11:55
    Originally posted by eddie anders
    a tournament is starting for new joiners within the last 3 months so why are people who have been members for 2 years joining it.
    They either cannot read and/or choose to disregard the entry conditions or they are all cheats or all three.

    To name them : Lordbyron ( 2001 ) the biggest blaggard of them all closely followed by RVW and Av8tor ( 2002) -another blind flyer then in no particular order : Iamers, The Tick, Craigus, and Cheshire Cat,
    all outside the the 3 month window with Jedi and Turtlex getting the benefit of the doubt.

    So how about it you burglars - withdraw from this tourney which is for newbies only and go play with your geriatic contemporaries in your own sandpit.

    A serve from the skeeter
  3. Standard member gervic
    Viva México.
    22 May '03 12:38
    Originally posted by skeeter
    They either cannot read and/or choose to disregard the entry conditions or they are all cheats or all three.

    To name them : Lordbyron ( 2001 ) the biggest blaggard of them all closely followed by RVW and Av8tor ( 2002) -another blind flyer then in no particular order : Iamers, The Tick, Craigus, and Cheshire Cat,
    all outside the the 3 month window with ...[text shortened]... and go play with your geriatic contemporaries in your own sandpit.

    A serve from the skeeter
    I am with you skeeter. If they are willing to subscribe to a tournament without complying with the requirements, I would say they would be willing to use a computer to help them win.
  4. 22 May '03 14:38
    they proby didnt read it, I dont think they are cheating and Russ will probly kick them out of the tournament before he starts it.

    but who do you think will win it?
    my bets on SirLoseALot, who do you think will win?
  5. Standard member genius
    Wayward Soul
    22 May '03 16:16
    or maybe they thought it was for people who became pawnstars in the last 3 months?
  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    23 May '03 00:01
    I will introduce a proper condition in the code for this in the future - to avoid these problems.

    -Russ
  7. Standard member gervic
    Viva México.
    23 May '03 12:26
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    they proby didnt read it, I dont think they are cheating and Russ will probly kick them out of the tournament before he starts it.

    but who do you think will win it?
    my bets on SirLoseALot, who do you think will win?
    I guess it would not be proper if I say I'm going to win. My candidate is littlebear.
  8. Standard member eddie anders
    Santa.
    23 May '03 19:48
    thanks for you views.
  9. Standard member eddie anders
    Santa.
    23 May '03 19:49
    i meant your views
  10. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    24 May '03 22:10
    Originally posted by Russ
    I will introduce a proper condition in the code for this in the future - to avoid these problems.

    -Russ
    mmmm - not to put too fine a point on this thread Russ but there are no fewer than fifteen ( 15 ) entries in the new players II tourney that clearly do not meet the the entry conditions.

    ie joined RHP post 22 Feb 2003.

    In my opinion its just not cricket and akin to letting an 1600+ plus player run rampant in an under 1300 tourney.

    Needs to be sorted

    BR's the skeeter




  11. Standard member IvorW
    Arbortrudor
    25 May '03 15:52
    Originally posted by skeeter
    mmmm - not to put too fine a point on this thread Russ but there are no fewer than fifteen ( 15 ) entries in the new players II tourney that clearly do not meet the the entry conditions.

    ie joined RHP post 22 Feb 2003.

    In my opinion its just not cricket and akin to letting an 1600+ plus player run rampant in an under 1300 tourney.

    Needs to be sorted

    BR's the skeeter




    I presume Skeeter means pre 22nd February .
  12. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    25 May '03 18:31
    Originally posted by IvorW
    I presume Skeeter means pre 22nd February .
    When I went to school "post" meant after or afterwards, and for an entry to qualify in terms of "..... joined RHP within the last three months..." that date is 22 Feb 2003. Not earlier or beforehand ie: POST!
  13. 25 May '03 22:27
    So for this tournament, nothing will be done about the players that dont meet the requirement?, or will there be?
  14. 27 May '03 02:33
    Hi Russ,
    Just a quick question..when will the new players tournament be kicking off?
    Thanks.
    p.s love all the work with the clans.