1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    26 Jan '04 02:103 edits
    WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

these tournaments are group size 32, this means you will be playing 62 simultaneous games.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

(thanks for the correction TDR1)
  2. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    26 Jan '04 02:18
    dont u mean 62??????.....because u dont play yourself
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    26 Jan '04 02:551 edit
    i am surprised at the 1600 cutoff for the upper tournament. in the xmas and new year tournaments the cut off was 1450, and the upper had half the number of players, yet it still took longer to get its entrants.
    i would have expected that cutoff to drop even lower than 1450 as a result of that lesson.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Jan '04 12:17
    I am going to review these new tournaments. They are meant to be grouped.

-Russ
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Jan '04 12:48
    I have reduced max. entrants to 22 in all tournaments.

The minimum entrants for the high banded tournament has been reduced to.

-Russ
  6. Sanremo
    Moves
    01 Feb '04 09:23
    Thanks, because is not easy to have so many mathces at the same time. I cannot connect many times a day but only once a day and obviously is not easy reply to all matches, If time is so low and matches are so much, i think that many players will not join.
    Regards and sorry for my english
    Cristina

Maybe would be nice if maximun we can play (i.e) 10 or 15 matches at the same time and each time we finish a match another starts. I hope i was not off topic
  7. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    01 Feb '04 19:09
    Originally posted by conticchio
    Maybe would be nice if maximun we can play (i.e) 10 or 15 matches at the same time and each time we finish a match another starts. I hope i was not off topic
    You're not off topic Cristina, but there are other tournaments in which the match ups are grouped just like you referred to except they are 4 players in each round. But they usually take along time to complete unless they have a short time out period.
    -Bob
  8. Sanremo
    Moves
    01 Feb '04 19:411 edit
    I understand but i talk about this kind of tournament. I mean: if the tornament would have been of 32 members (61 matches) how could i join? It's impossible to me that connect only once a day except during the week end move all the matches.
    But probably u are right. Is correct that there are every kind of tournament: very fast (with many and many matches at the same time) and slow (with less matches at the same time). Was just a suggestion :-) Thanks to reply
    Cristina
  9. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 00:13
    i think cristina is right - the groups size here is too large,
    and the group size 4 is too small - it makes for slow tournaments.

i think group size 10 or 12 needs to be tried.
  10. Sanremo
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 21:34
    Just a curiosity: why "Bad Bishop" and u have a Knight in your logo? Eheheh
    Cristina
  11. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    03 Feb '04 10:40
    Because a revolving bishop would be pointless 🙂
  12. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '04 11:163 edits
    Originally posted by SkipSlot
    Because a revolving bishop would be pointless 🙂
    You mitre'd thought of that 😵

EDIT PS ; At least rooked at it 😵😵

EDIT PSS ; Possibly last knight 😵😵😵

EDIT PSSS : But probably got board with it all 😵😵😵😵
  13. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 01:25
    Originally posted by conticchio
    Just a curiosity: why "Bad Bishop" and u have a Knight in your logo? Eheheh
    Cristina
    I'll give the better answer, the Bad Bi§hop denotes my membership into the clan. We did kick around with lots of different ideas around this issue of what to name our clan, the only thing I was bound to was that it needed to be a chess related name. I would say HillBillies was pretty darn close to making it the name at one time, but some of the others were: zugzwang clan, Petrov's Pawns, Kamikazi Knights, worthless pawns, mad hacker, Poisoned Pawns of RHP and last but not least...Tal's Trousers. I seen a revolving Bishop but it really wouldn't matter if it was turning or not. The Knight has many different dimensions and looks neat when it revolves.
    -Bad Bi§hop Bob

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree