Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. 27 Apr '10 19:11
    I am hoping it is possibly to get a special novelty tounamnet which will help me find some specific RHP players for my Club.

    Maybe we can have a special tournament called the Technip invitational,
    then RHP players who look for tournaments will see it and wonder what it is about.
    And RHP players who work for Technip will realize there is a Technip Chess Club.

    I think some sort of thematic novelty set up,
    like ? Knights vs Bishops ?
    A king each, White with 7 knights and 8 pawns, the Black with 7 bishops and 8 pawns,

    Then a bit of text on the invite saying, this themed tournament was bought to you by "Technip Chess" Club.,
    I think groups of 4 with up to 16 players.
    3day per move, 7day time bank.
    Is it possible to make this happen ?
  2. 27 Apr '10 19:16
    Hi there

    as you are the lead of a club you should be able to set your own tournament up and send public invites and have it password projected

    hope this helps

    striker
  3. 27 Apr '10 19:59
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    Hi there

    as you are the lead of a club you should be able to set your own tournament up and send public invites and have it password projected

    hope this helps

    striker
    Thanks for the tip,

    but I can not see how to set it up as a novelty set up i hoped for, (all knights or Bishops),
    Only standard games or established openings.

    Also I seem only to be able to set up as private tournament,
    how am I then able to have it on the tournament list for any to join.

    Regards.
  4. 27 Apr '10 20:12
    Originally posted by The Big Bishop
    Thanks for the tip,

    but I can not see how to set it up as a novelty set up i hoped for, (all knights or Bishops),
    Only standard games or established openings.

    Also I seem only to be able to set up as private tournament,
    how am I then able to have it on the tournament list for any to join.

    Regards.
    ok,
    i see how to make the private tournament,

    now just too figure out how to change the starting position.
  5. Standard member adriano81
    win or go home
    27 Apr '10 21:00
    so, did you success?
  6. 28 Apr '10 04:59
    Originally posted by adriano81
    so, did you success?
    no, I still can not see how to adjust the starting position to a non standand board set up.

    any help ?
  7. Standard member adriano81
    win or go home
    05 May '10 17:09 / 1 edit
    unfortunately I don't
    I mean I don't know, but I wish you good luck
  8. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    15 May '10 15:57
    This site is not supporting games with other sets than the staring one, but there is a chess960 (Fisher random chess) feature
  9. 27 May '10 12:15
    that looks quite interesting,

    thanks for the tip.
  10. Standard member ua41
    Sharp Edge
    02 Jun '10 17:48
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    This site is not supporting games with other sets than the staring one, but there is a chess960 (Fisher random chess) feature
    ?
    set piece? As long as you have no more than 16 pieces for each color you can setup any type of game you want. Or can you not set up private tournies this way?
  11. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    02 Jun '10 17:51
    Originally posted by ua41
    ?
    set piece? As long as you have no more than 16 pieces for each color you can setup any type of game you want. Or can you not set up private tournies this way?
    The point was that there is no way to set up a game using eight bishops on each side. This was the variant originally asked for
  12. Standard member ua41
    Sharp Edge
    02 Jun '10 23:54
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The point was that there is no way to set up a game using eight bishops on each side. This was the variant originally asked for
    No, you can, watch i'll send you a game
  13. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    03 Jun '10 06:16
    Originally posted by ua41
    No, you can, watch i'll send you a game
    You are right! And evidently it was just my inability