1. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 14:30
    I was looking at some of the old tournaments and noticed that the On the Up tourney has one game left between mwest and Dustnrogers. The last move was made on May 31 and it has not timed out yet. Is the auto T/O not working or am I confused as to how to count the 7 days?

No offense, just anxious to get started on the second round.
  2. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 14:38
    I heard rumour from the canadian clan that dustn is having problems with getting online: i only noticed as he hadn't made a move in our game for a while. Thus I suspect a TO will be immenant soon.
  3. Amsterdam
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 14:45
    Originally posted by Toe
    I heard rumour from the canadian clan that dustn is having problems with getting online: i only noticed as he hadn't made a move in our game for a while. Thus I suspect a TO will be immenant soon.
    Let's challenge the Canadian Dream! (forgot, we already have...🙂)

Olav
  4. CT, South Africa
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 15:50
    I am loathe to time dustn out as I'm quite enjoying the game - not to mention that he is winning on points at the moment!

However, I also don't want to keep everyone waiting for the next round, so I'll give him a few more days before I hit the timeout button.

-- mwest
  5. Amsterdam
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 16:17
    Originally posted by mwest
    I am loathe to time dustn out as I'm quite enjoying the game - not to mention that he is winning on points at the moment!

However, I also don't want to keep everyone waiting for the next round, so I'll give him a few more days before I hit the timeout button.

-- mwest
    That's the best thing to do...I saw his rating dropped already...🙁

Olav
  6. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 17:02
    perhaps somebody in the canadian clan has more info? might be worth asking them before a TO, though the touney will auto TO 2 days after the 'official' date if i understand the rules aright.
  7. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 20:08
    Originally posted by mwest

-- mwest
    I totally respect you for that but my question is more about why it hasn't T/O'd already. It's been more than 9 days and therefore the automatic T/O should have happened.

I also believe that this is sort of like a real tournament and that when it's time, it's time. If it was a normal game I'd agree with letting him slide but not during a tournament.

I can be patient though. I'd like to see you pull out a real win mwest. He seems to be struggling for a plan for the past 5-10 moves. You may be able to do it. Good Luck! 😀
  8. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 20:27
    mwest,

I hope you didn't think I was trying to pressure you here. I really was trying to figure out how the auto TO was counting the days. 😕

Bryan
  9. Joined
    14 Oct '02
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 21:191 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Jun '03 21:241 edit
    Sorry guys - the auto time out is still not fully automatic - it still requires me to press a button every night. Sometimes I forget...

This will change shortly - then there will be no mercy!!

[and the new round just started]

-Russ
  11. Amsterdam
    Moves
    12 Jun '03 14:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    Sorry guys - the auto time out is still not fully automatic - it still requires me to press a button every night. Sometimes I forget...

This will change shortly - then there will be no mercy!!

[and the new round just started]

-Russ
    You're doing it manually now, but what if someone like David Tebb of bbar, who have a rating of over 2000, played against a player with a rating of 1000....would you time them out too? I mean, their rating would be wrecked!

Olav
  12. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    12 Jun '03 16:25
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    You're doing it manually now, but what if someone like David Tebb of bbar, who have a rating of over 2000, played against a player with a rating of 1000....would you time them out too? I mean, their rating would be wrecked!

Olav
    That's part of the fun!! The Danger of it all! 🙄

Plus I doubt if bbarr or David would ever let their game T/O in a tournament. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree