1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    22 Jun '04 23:23
    In the Rookie cup II there are 32 entrants.
    After months of playing there's only one game going and seems like players that will progress to the 2nd round will be 25.
    There's a point in playing and waiting so many time to eliminate only 7 players from the current round?
    Can be estabilished a criterium that in case of draw (in two pairing tournys)makes progress only one player?
    Any proposing is welcome...........
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    24 Jun '04 13:42
    Thanks for the many replys.............
  3. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    24 Jun '04 22:56
    If two players in a dual tournament end on equal points, how do you decide which one goes forward? A toss of the coin?

Maybe in duels, where there are so many rounds, only outright winners should go forward... ie you need at least 4 points to be sure of progressing.
  4. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    25 Jun '04 06:55
    Well ... Ravello ... after the sceme in the Juno rooky tour this thread suddenly becomes more valuable. There should be a rule to stop this kind of nonsens.

An idea could be to eliminate both players when the score is equal after two matches ... but I wont expect much support for this.

A second idea ... when those two players have played eachother before .. use that score to decide which one goes through to the next round. Inevitably there are players who never played eachother before ... a solution then could be to use the value of token pieces from both matches and the player who took most (I know its a draw) proceeds.

The most simple third solution ... the player with the lowest ranking proceeds.

Well ... at least some possibilities to discuss.
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    25 Jun '04 10:37
    The third solution seems the more suitable to me,so the higher player will play it out instead of agreeing the game.
    Another solution but less praticable is to play a third match..........
  6. SubscriberCroc
    Happy Snappies Clan!
    Everglades
    Moves
    25 Jun '04 13:34
    Originally posted by Ravello
    The third solution seems the more suitable to me,so the higher player will play it out instead of agreeing the game.
    Another solution but less praticable is to play a third match..........
    What about making it the person who won in the least moves on their game goes through. In the rare result of same moves then both players would deserve to go through. What do you think.... ???

Crocster 😀😀😀
  7. Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    25 Jun '04 13:40
    Originally posted by Croc
    What about making it the person who won in the least moves on their game goes through. In the rare result of same moves then both players would deserve to go through. What do you think.... ???

Crocster 😀😀😀
    im any way not allowed in tournaments, but i think that your idea will simply discourage resignations.
  8. SubscriberCroc
    Happy Snappies Clan!
    Everglades
    Moves
    25 Jun '04 13:45
    Originally posted by I Love Metallica
    im any way not allowed in tournaments, but i think that your idea will simply discourage resignations.
    Yeah a very fair point people would keep moving because if they were going to lose 1 game they would need as many moves as possible.

Crocster 😀😀😀
  9. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    25 Jun '04 17:47
    i understand wat you mean Ravello but you cant take a win away from someone. You cant say that a quicker checkmate in one game means that person is better. The only way i can see solving this is make dual tornaments best out of 3 games instead of 2. Then you run into the problem of who gets what color in the third game but it will make the tourneys so much quicker.
  10. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    25 Jun '04 18:39
    Originally posted by TDR1
    i understand wat you mean Ravello but you cant take a win away from someone. You cant say that a quicker checkmate in one game means that person is better. The only way i can see solving this is make dual tornaments best out of 3 games instead of 2. Then you run into the problem of who gets what color in the third game but it will make the tourneys so much quicker.
    I guess you're exchanging peoples ,I'm the one for the third match,Croc for the quickest to win...................
  11. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    25 Jun '04 19:32
    Originally posted by NicolaiS
    .........An idea could be to eliminate both players when the score is equal after two matches ... but I wont expect much support for this........
    this gets my support! KNOCK THEM BOTH OUT!
    i see no problem with it - until the final round where a rematch would be necessary.
    but in this world of modern technology i really do not see the need for group size 2 tournaments anyway.
  12. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    25 Jun '04 23:10
    o yeh sry ravello....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree