1. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 14:11
    Is the pairing random?
    If you and your opponent both go through, is there a chance you'll get each other again in the next round?

(P.S. I'd like it if then there's an odd number going through, the ringer (i.e. rated 300 above the tournament band) is kicked out instead of making a threesome!)
  2. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 17:15
    In Tournament 1528, cdeloos and branc0 left the site sometime after their games in round 2. Since then they have progressed through rounds 3, 4 and 5 by being randomly paired against each other and getting one win by timeout...
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 17:18
    Originally posted by John of Reading
    In Tournament 1528, cdeloos and branc0 left the site sometime after their games in round 2. Since then they have progressed through rounds 3, 4 and 5 by being randomly paired against each other and getting one win by timeout...
    Wow, AWOL and still progressing.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 17:30
    This idiotic result would have been avoided if my Site Idea had been implemented: http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=Tied_Players_Advancing_in_Tourneys&threadid=106743
  5. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 18:35
    Thanks for answering my question, and with such a dramatic example!
  6. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 19:20
    Wow. So what happens if the two players left in the final round are both inactive? Does the tournament just go on for ever?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree