1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 17:24
    I've just subscribed to RHP and I am still rated as p1200, and I'm sure I'm a fair bit above that. Is it fair for me to enter a tournament yet? I have no problem waiting until 20 games are completed, but I was a bit excited about entering the KID tournament. I entered, then withdrew because I didn't know how the community feels about provisionals entering tournaments until their rating becomes more appropriate.

Thank you for any input.

--
    DR
  2. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 19:00
    I think it's ok if you enter an open tournament to all rating levels such as the KID tournament
  3. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 19:111 edit
    The only type of tournament you will be allowed to enter is one that has no rating limits, and being that those are open to anyone there's no reason you shouldn't enter.

True, you may drain a few rating points off people... but you're going to have to play those early games against someone anyway. And if someone was really concerned they could just resign the game, which stays unrated until 2 moves are played on each side (not that I think anyone would be rating-obsessed enough to actually do this).
  4. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 01:10
    Thanks for the replies, everyone!
  5. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 01:18
    😲 This thread is now closed

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree