Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 25 Feb '05 16:30 / 1 edit
    I am considering joining, however I notice the stipulation that "group size may vary". The last thing I want is to have another situation like the 2005 Championship where, all of a sudden, I have 20 extra games to play. Has anyone tried to accurately figure out what the potential group sizes will be for the tournament, assuming that around 150 - 200 people will participate?
  2. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    25 Feb '05 17:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I am considering joining, however I notice the stipulation that "group size may vary". The last thing I want is to have another situation like the 2005 Championship where, all of a sudden, I have 20 extra games to play. Has anyone tried to accurately figure out what the potential group sizes will be for the tournament, assuming that around 150 - 200 people will participate?
    i assume the group size will be 6 or less. because it says that it will probably be 6 and if there are going to be less that 500 people then the group sizes may be smaller.

fred
  3. Standard member Alcra
    Lazy Sod
    25 Feb '05 18:09
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Oh jeez. That's all i need. Please let me be in a group of 3 with David Tebb and Ironman.

"No more games."

Hi, my name is Alcra, and I am a RHP'er.

* Hi Alcra *

4. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    27 Feb '05 05:26
    Well.. hopefully it won't be like the xmas grand.. and we play everyone !
  5. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    27 Feb '05 06:28
    Originally posted by MIODude
    Well.. hopefully it won't be like the xmas grand.. and we play everyone !
    No, it won't be. Doesn't look like it'll get even up to 200 members by the time the sign-ups are done.

Josh
  6. 27 Feb '05 12:06
    I think the number of groups may vary, but that the max people in one group is 6. If they have 1 player left who doesnt fit in, I think they will create several groups of 5 people.
  7. 27 Feb '05 13:51
    hi..i posted a question on a related topic but no one answered but
    here i see posting...it is about the "3 day rule" does this mean that
    if i join a tournament and have to go out of town for 6 days and
    hence do not make a move in each game for more than 3 days that
    i lose all the games..if this is so i can never join a tournament...it
    appears to me that there is no holiday absences allowed or is there
    a tournament type that has a longer than 3 day period that i could
    join ?
  8. 27 Feb '05 13:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by GENGAR
    hi..i posted a question on a related topic but no one answered but
    here i see posting...it is about the "3 day rule" does this mean that
    if i join a tournament and have to go out of town for 6 days and
    hence do not make a move in each g ...[text shortened]... ment type that has a longer than 3 day period that i could
    join ?
    you need to read up on timebank - 3 day move & 7 day timebank means that you can take 10 days for one move, as long as all the others come in at under 3!

have a look in the FAQ (site map, at the bottom of the page, then FAQ).

edit: the 7 days timebank can be used in little bits of course!
  9. Standard member KingH
    Tha KingH
    27 Feb '05 21:38
    How do I know when the tournament starts? Does it start on a certain date?
    Thanks
  10. 28 Feb '05 16:07
    You get an e-mail if your tournament starts. Most tournaments will start when they are full..
  11. Standard member Toe
    28 Feb '05 17:18
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    You get an e-mail if your tournament starts. Most tournaments will start when they are full..
    But they never start on a weekend: too many people off doing other things. Apparently.