Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    25 Feb '05 16:301 edit
    I am considering joining, however I notice the stipulation that "group size may vary". The last thing I want is to have another situation like the 2005 Championship where, all of a sudden, I have 20 extra games to play. Has anyone tried to accurately figure out what the potential group sizes will be for the tournament, assuming that around 150 - 200 people will participate?
  2. London
    Joined
    28 Sep '04
    Moves
    110329
    25 Feb '05 17:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I am considering joining, however I notice the stipulation that "group size may vary". The last thing I want is to have another situation like the 2005 Championship where, all of a sudden, I have 20 extra games to play. Has anyone tried to accurately figure out what the potential group sizes will be for the tournament, assuming that around 150 - 200 people will participate?
    i assume the group size will be 6 or less. because it says that it will probably be 6 and if there are going to be less that 500 people then the group sizes may be smaller.

    fred
  3. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Joined
    12 Oct '04
    Moves
    8623
    25 Feb '05 18:09
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I am considering joining, however I notice the stipulation that "group size may vary". The last thing I want is to have another situation like the 2005 Championship where, all of a sudden, I have 20 extra games to play. Has anyone tried to accurately figure out what the potential group sizes will be for the tournament, assuming that around 150 - 200 people will participate?
    Oh jeez. That's all i need. Please let me be in a group of 3 with David Tebb and Ironman.

    "No more games."

    Hi, my name is Alcra, and I am a RHP'er.

    * Hi Alcra *

  4. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Joined
    25 Nov '04
    Moves
    46658
    27 Feb '05 05:26
    Well.. hopefully it won't be like the xmas grand.. and we play everyone !
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Joined
    02 Sep '04
    Moves
    174290
    27 Feb '05 06:28
    Originally posted by MIODude
    Well.. hopefully it won't be like the xmas grand.. and we play everyone !
    No, it won't be. Doesn't look like it'll get even up to 200 members by the time the sign-ups are done.

    Josh
  6. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    47202
    27 Feb '05 12:06
    I think the number of groups may vary, but that the max people in one group is 6. If they have 1 player left who doesnt fit in, I think they will create several groups of 5 people.
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    09 Jul '04
    Moves
    198660
    27 Feb '05 13:51
    hi..i posted a question on a related topic but no one answered but
    here i see posting...it is about the "3 day rule" does this mean that
    if i join a tournament and have to go out of town for 6 days and
    hence do not make a move in each game for more than 3 days that
    i lose all the games..if this is so i can never join a tournament...it
    appears to me that there is no holiday absences allowed or is there
    a tournament type that has a longer than 3 day period that i could
    join ?
  8. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    444804
    27 Feb '05 13:561 edit
    Originally posted by GENGAR
    hi..i posted a question on a related topic but no one answered but
    here i see posting...it is about the "3 day rule" does this mean that
    if i join a tournament and have to go out of town for 6 days and
    hence do not make a move in each g ...[text shortened]... ment type that has a longer than 3 day period that i could
    join ?
    you need to read up on timebank - 3 day move & 7 day timebank means that you can take 10 days for one move, as long as all the others come in at under 3!

    have a look in the FAQ (site map, at the bottom of the page, then FAQ).

    edit: the 7 days timebank can be used in little bits of course!
  9. Standard memberKingH
    Tha KingH
    front of the board
    Joined
    15 Feb '05
    Moves
    28908
    27 Feb '05 21:38
    How do I know when the tournament starts? Does it start on a certain date?
    Thanks
  10. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    47202
    28 Feb '05 16:07
    You get an e-mail if your tournament starts. Most tournaments will start when they are full..
  11. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    12969
    28 Feb '05 17:18
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    You get an e-mail if your tournament starts. Most tournaments will start when they are full..
    But they never start on a weekend: too many people off doing other things. Apparently.
Back to Top