Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard memberabejnood
    Independant Thinker
    Young World
    Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    19412
    01 Jul '05 00:06
    Can we have a tournament with the Rice Gambit? Please?

    I've been studying it, and I'm sure I can surprise a few unsuspecting victims...😀
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    84758
    03 Jul '05 11:35
    Originally posted by abejnood
    Can we have a tournament with the Rice Gambit? Please?

    I've been studying it, and I'm sure I can surprise a few unsuspecting victims...😀
    What is the Rice Gambit?
  3. London
    Joined
    28 Sep '04
    Moves
    110329
    03 Jul '05 18:20
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    What is the Rice Gambit?
    i think it is

    1. e4 e5 2.f4 exf4 3.Nf3 g5 4.h4 g4 5.Ne5 Nf6 6.Bc4 d5 7.exd5 Bd6 8.O-O
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    84758
    03 Jul '05 22:06
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    i think it is

    1. e4 e5 2.f4 exf4 3.Nf3 g5 4.h4 g4 5.Ne5 Nf6 6.Bc4 d5 7.exd5 Bd6 8.O-O
    This is a variation of the Kieseritsky Gambit, are you sure about 8. 0-0 , both M.C.O. and the Neil McDonald book give 8. d4 for white. I think that you'd have to make the cut off at move 5 or 6, any deeper and it's too obscure.
  5. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Joined
    16 Jan '05
    Moves
    12804
    04 Jul '05 01:23
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    This is a variation of the Kieseritsky Gambit, are you sure about 8. 0-0 , both M.C.O. and the Neil McDonald book give 8. d4 for white. I think that you'd have to make the cut off at move 5 or 6, any deeper and it's too obscure.
    That's true, but who ever said the thematic touneys have to be openings. I think it'd be quite cool if they were an interesting middle, or endgame.
Back to Top