1. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    17 Jun '06 13:06
    Most people who enter multiple tournaments progress in few/some/many of them into the 2nd, 3rd or even final round.

Since the time gap between finishing your own games and the start of the next round could be quite considerable, it becomes quite hard to predict how many games one gets at any given time.

In order to do so, I randomly check the my tournament page to see how many people (games) are left in my tournaments to then decide whether or not to join new ones ...

The thing is, for all tournaments that soon progress in the next round, I need to click on them (to see whether I'm still in it).

Now to the question

Would it be possible to indicate on the my tournaments page which tournaments the person in question is still alive in ??

Maybe through extra info, colour coding or maybe even split the my tournament page into current and past ...

Any thoughts?

Boris
  2. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    17 Jun '06 13:48
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
    Most people who enter multiple tournaments progress in few/some/many of them into the 2nd, 3rd or even final round.

Since the time gap between finishing your own games and the start of the next round could be quite considerable, it becomes quite hard to predict how many games one gets at any given time.

In order to do so, I randomly check the [i ...[text shortened]... e even split the my tournament page into current and past ...

Any thoughts?

Boris
    excellent idea :-)
  3. Swansea
    Moves
    17 Jun '06 16:19
    Put it in site ideas too.
  4. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    17 Jun '06 19:35

In order to do so, I randomly check the [i ...[text shortened]... e even split the my tournament page into current and past ...

Any thoughts?

Boris
    Excellent idea.
  5. Joined
    23 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '06 22:44
    This is even a better idea: Thread 42887
  6. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    20 Jun '06 22:30
    ** bump **
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 00:15

Any thoughts?

Boris
    What happens when you check the position and find you will progress but at present there are 25 games still to be decided so it looks like it will be a while before the next round starts.

You then decide to join a couple of tournaments increasing your game load by say 20 games.

In the meantime the other tournament in which you have progressed sees all the games (which have been within a couple of moves of finishing) ending which means that you will now have a further say 14 games to play.

Your game load which you thought would be OK has now just put you over the edge of what you feel is an acceptable games in progress limit.

As chess is played at varying speeds, especially tournaments surely the best idea is only to enter turnamments you want to play in and not enter based on your current games in progress limit.

🙂
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 12:23

Any thoughts?

Boris
    Archive tournaments, it's been brought up before and it's a good idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree