1. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    10 Jul '04 11:082 edits
    This is probably an old hat idea so its probably a case of here we go again....

see the diana grouped random (10th july now, started 26th march)
    Still on round one as there are two ongoing games, but significantly, the results of these games are irrelevant: the groups have already been won.

In grouped tounrys, why not allocate group winners when the points make them winners, not 'all games have been played in group'?

The next round could then start when all groups have winners (or possibly, all group winners have finished their group games).

The delay in starting the next round as currently observed seems to serve no purpose.

edit: good 50/50 chance this should be in site ideas/help forum, but what the hell eh? except I suspect this forum has fewer readers. but maybe not. who knows? In fact, it would almost be of interest to know the thread hit count by forum. But that is certainly not an idea for the tourny forum, so even I, on the first post, have already gone off topic!

2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jul '04 11:50
    I would like to see this happen too. No point hanging on if the games outstanding have no baring on the second round.
  3. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    12 Jul '04 18:11
    Originally posted by Toe
    This is probably an old hat idea so its probably a case of here we go again....

see the diana grouped random (10th july now, started 26th march)
    Still on round one as there are two ongoing games, but significantly, the results of these games are irrelevant: the groups have already been won.

In grouped tounrys, why not allocate group winners when the poin ...[text shortened]... an idea for the tourny forum, so even I, on the first post, have already gone off topic![/i]

Excellent idea!
  4. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    12 Jul '04 20:16
    See also "Vulcan Grouped Random"
    13 games in round one to go: none effects the group winner outcomes.
    That's a good month right there.

PS I'll admit I've a little bias on that particular tourney as I've made the 2nd round: never been in one of those before!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree