Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    25 Jul '04 15:31
    just what exactly is a sponsered tournament?
  2. Standard member Rootie
    umm...
    28 Jul '04 22:10
    I've been wondering that too...
  3. Standard member eyeqpc
    Robbo
    28 Jul '04 22:59
    Originally posted by tlai1992
    just what exactly is a sponsered tournament?
    Its exactly how it sounds. Its a tourney that is usually sponsored by a clan leader and their clan often with an incentive (a prize) normally donated by the clan in question,

examples

A damn fine tournament : sponsored by Exy and the Twin Peaks clan with a prize of a dvd
    Monsters of Rock prize fight : sponsored by myself and Clan Maiden with a prize of a cd
    Dune clan prize fight : sponsored by nicolais and the dune clan with a prize of a book

4. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    29 Jul '04 04:52
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    Its exactly how it sounds. Its a tourney that is usually sponsored by a clan leader and their clan often with an incentive (a prize) normally donated by the clan in question,

examples

A damn fine tournament : sponsored by Exy and the Twin Peaks clan with a prize of a dvd
    Monsters of Rock prize fight : sponsored by myself and Clan Maiden with a prize o ...[text shortened]... a cd
    Dune clan prize fight : sponsored by nicolais and the dune clan with a prize of a book

how do you make a sponsored tourney?
  5. Standard member NicolaiS
    Cannabist
    29 Jul '04 08:26
    You sedn a message to Russ and explain why you want a sponsord tour and what your "prize" will be. If Russ agrees he will start it up.
  6. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    29 Jul '04 21:53
    Originally posted by NicolaiS
    You sedn a message to Russ and explain why you want a sponsord tour and what your "prize" will be. If Russ agrees he will start it up.
    do you have to have a prize?
  7. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    30 Jul '04 05:38
    Wouldn't be much of a sponsored tournament without a prize,now would it?
  8. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    30 Jul '04 07:27
    If you don't have a prize then I think you could make a contribtuion to RHP's funds, you need to be addressing these questions directly to Russ via a personal message, though.
  9. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    30 Jul '04 14:50
    Originally posted by Exy
    If you don't have a prize then I think you could make a contribtuion to RHP's funds, you need to be addressing these questions directly to Russ via a personal message, though.
    ok sure