Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    185652
    23 May '05 21:44
    In two tournaments Rho and Tau banded we are waiting for one game in each tournament to finish. We have been waiting weeks! Neither game will determine the winner of the the particular group they are in. It is this facet of RHP tournaments which causes the long period it takes to finish tournaments. Come on administrators, sort it out, before we die of of old age before these games finish.
  2. Earth Prime
    Joined
    16 Mar '05
    Moves
    21936
    24 May '05 02:43
    /agreed.

    Maybe send feedback? If Russ cared, he should force the tourney along manually even if it isn't coded (yet).
  3. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    185652
    25 May '05 10:09
    I have found a third tournament where one game whicho is irrelevant to the winningposition in a group which is holding up moving on to Round 2.

    I gasther Russ is looking into this.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    2031
    26 May '05 11:23
    Guys, I know this is a problem, but it is quite a big job to sort out because of the testing required. I don't have the time to do it right now, but I will try to sort this out in the near future.

    -Russ
  5. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    185652
    26 May '05 22:57
    Thanks Russ. Agreed, it takes time and I will be patient - after all waiting for rounds to finish is a real test of patience!!
  6. Earth Prime
    Joined
    16 Mar '05
    Moves
    21936
    28 May '05 18:18
    Originally posted by Russ
    Guys, I know this is a problem, but it is quite a big job to sort out because of the testing required. I don't have the time to do it right now, but I will try to sort this out in the near future.

    -Russ
    But Russ, is it possible for you to manually force one along if someone notifies you of the holdup? I don't ask you to look through them all right now, only if someone lets you know that a tournament can move on.
  7. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Joined
    29 Jan '04
    Moves
    103056
    28 May '05 20:26
    My outstanding game in the 'Winter 04 banded duel 1400-1599' is a case in point. My opponent is using the full allotment of 14 days to make each move.

    Is there no way this childish, selfish behaviour can be dealt with? I have messaged him pointing out that 30 other players are waiting for this one game to end - this has resulted in even slower play from my opponent...
  8. Earth Prime
    Joined
    16 Mar '05
    Moves
    21936
    28 May '05 22:00
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    My outstanding game in the 'Winter 04 banded duel 1400-1599' is a case in point. My opponent is using the full allotment of 14 days to make each move.

    Is there no way this childish, selfish behaviour can be dealt with? I have messaged him pointing out that 30 other players are waiting for this one game to end - this has resulted in even slower play from my opponent...
    uhhh... resign? take one for the team? I dunno.
  9. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    185652
    28 May '05 23:36
    Thanks Ivangrice. As you say, it is a disgrace when this sort of thing happens. I know we agree to play with timebanks etc and that your opponent is within the rules...but, surely it is possible to go on to the next round where there is a game or games outstanding irrelevant to the top posiition in a group.
  10. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    185652
    28 May '05 23:48
    Looking at Ivangrice's game it would appear that he could resign and then both players would go through to the next round. But why should he?

    My complaint is really about those games which are irelevant to the composition of the next round of a tourney. On a rival site - Itsyourturn, the next round starts as soon as group winners are known. The players can continue to play their game but the rest of the tourney is not held up.
  11. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Joined
    28 Feb '05
    Moves
    16686
    29 May '05 15:10
    Originally posted by jayaitch
    Looking at Ivangrice's game it would appear that he could resign and then both players would go through to the next round. But why should he?

    My complaint is really about those games which are irelevant to the composition of the next round of a tourney. On a rival site - Itsyourturn, the next round starts as soon as group winners are known. The players can continue to play their game but the rest of the tourney is not held up.
    Excellent suggestion!
  12. omnipresent
    Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    20009
    05 Jun '05 11:18
    To my horror, I have just noticeed that I myself am holding up a tourney... it's mini banded I (not sure bout the band, I think it's 1099-1199). There are 4 games left in the entire round... and they all belong to me 😞
    ... sorry bout that, shall try to move things along 😀
  13. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    185652
    06 Jun '05 12:00
    Well done Angie
Back to Top