1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    17 May '04 02:56

Start 2004-04-09 14 day timebank
    total of 28 days playing time so the first round games should all be finished by 2004-05-09

but - the automatic timeout does not kick in until 2 days overtime has elapsed -
    this 2 day allowance is refreshed each time a player makes a move. so even this format does involve some games going on for months and months.
    2 players agreeing not to time each other out could make their game last for years.

i suggest the automatic timeout should be imediate (no 2 day allowance) to stop this problem. otherwise there will never be any guaranteed quick tournaments.

2. Virginia
    Moves
    20 May '04 16:06
    If they have no timeout, it falls to their competitor to claim the win. If the opponent has no timebank, and there is a timeout of 0 days, then as soon as the competitor makes a move, they can immediately claim the timeout.
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    22 May '04 11:45
    Originally posted by Pie1120
    If they have no timeout, it falls to their competitor to claim the win. If the opponent has no timebank, and there is a timeout of 0 days, then as soon as the competitor makes a move, they can immediately claim the timeout.

true they CAN claim timeout - but if they don't claim then the game lingers while everyone else waits.

the biggest criticism of rhp tournaments is the long long waiting time for the second round to start - it must be addressed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree