1. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    30 Jul '04 12:08
    WOW ... group size 42!!!!!!

Do the players realize that will bring them instantly 82 matches????

😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲
  2. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    30 Jul '04 12:52
    Originally posted by NicolaiS

I dont think they do

thats a crazyu ammount!1
  3. Standard memberGMF
    Neochristian Patzer
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '04 00:36
    😲 And with a time control of 1 move per day...absolutely insane. (So of course I'm tempted...)
  4. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33Β°36'S 26Β°53'E
    Moves
    31 Jul '04 01:07
    I WANT to enter. I do. I do. I'm itching. But 82 games on a one day time out?

My family would divorce me (so would my clans) - not that I'd have the time to notice.

5. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    31 Jul '04 14:47
    I think this tournament is completely insane.
    Too many games are a good way to play bad and see your rating go down: for hypothesis,if someone has 40/50 games in progress and enters the tourny,he'll find soon 120 games waiting.....I mean 120!
    This means that to move in every single game at least once you'll need to be more than two hours online straight (thinking less than 1 minute for every move) ,and 82 games are 1 day T/O...........
    Since it's proven that too much games lead to bad chess and resignations to cut off games'#,this is not my dish; lately just too many players got burned by too much games waiting,good players that at some point decided that they couldn't handle it anymore:Cheshire Cat,Faith No More,Jeoin,Mallys7,atwood2,and some others..........
    Mine is just a consideration about playing too much games,I didn't intend to blame any of the aformentioned guys,I want to clear this.
    Back to this tournament I guess it was better to split it in rating ranges:Lower,Midi,Upper,let's say with 20 players groups.
  6. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    01 Aug '04 11:38
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I think this tournament is completely insane.
    Too many games are a good way to play bad and see your rating go down: for hypothesis,if someone has 40/50 games in progress and enters the tourny,he'll find soon 120 games waiting.....I mean 120!
    This means that to move in every single game at least once you'll need to be more than two hours online straight ...[text shortened]... it was better to split it in rating ranges:Lower,Midi,Upper,let's say with 20 players groups.
    Good point about burning out Ravello

I have currently 54 games and I wish I could reduce that by 44...

I have just read David Tebb's new profile (so I believe that it is new)and there he states that he uses databases and books to a full extend. His rating 2162 - his current games - 15

I ain't claiming that I could ever be up there with the top guys (sorry, and Michelle of course), but I have been playing chess for over 20 years, had some serious training from an International master, and played many OTB tournaments reasonably well.

I think that the chess I play here is nowhere near the chess I could play if taking things a little more serious. With 54 games you can't possible use books or databases (unless you have all day and nothing else to do) and with 54 games you can't possible analyse thoroughly (again, unless you have all day and nothing else to do)...

The tourney you guys are talking about indeed has craploads of games to offer and fckallie, for example, has also entered the Grand Split 1/14 as well, meaning another 30 games on top of 82 - 112 !!! games ... This gameload you can only manager by doing what I have done mostly at RHP - blitz-chess - which is fun, but anyone who seriously wants to get better at this game don't enter as the learning effect is going to be very little.

Regards
    Boris
  7. Standard memberjameswoodley
    I Never Lie!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Aug '04 17:33
    Originally posted by NicolaiS

yer i cant wait until the tournament starts I need lots of games so come on people enter this tournament
  8. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    02 Aug '04 17:35
    Originally posted by jameswoodley
    yer i cant wait until the tournament starts I need lots of games so come on people enter this tournament
    82 matches? 1 group? you want to face Digit Gus and all those 2000's wow so brave you r.
  9. Standard memberjameswoodley
    I Never Lie!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Aug '04 17:48
    Originally posted by tlai1992
    82 matches? 1 group? you want to face Digit Gus and all those 2000's wow so brave you r.
    if they beat me my rateing wont go down very much because they are high and iam low
  10. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '04 12:20
    I will enter and in this tournament also all the big players have dropped out after realizing how many games it is.
  11. Standard memberjameswoodley
    I Never Lie!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '04 20:12
    Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
    I will enter and in this tournament also all the big players have dropped out after realizing how many games it is.
    I should start soon there are 42 entrants and that is the max
  12. Standard memberjameswoodley
    I Never Lie!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '04 11:58
    so it begins
  13. Standard memberschweigi
    Member of Gonzo Clan
    Innsbruck, Austria
    Moves
    12 Aug '04 14:04
    looks like Big Queen won´t join in ... at least I don´t end with zero points ...
  14. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '04 23:58
    75 points so far, 25 finished matches, 57 to go. Anyone betting against me winning this thing? Some have said my only competition will be dscp, if so i wish he would play more than one move a day so we can fight it out and decide the winner between the two of us. Sucks that most players are so low i get 1 point for my wins if an points at all.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Aug '04 00:07
    Geeeeesh! I joined one tourney that gave me 12 extra games and that drove me nuts!

All the power to anyone in that match, cRaZy!

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree