1. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 23:49
    what can i say? I saw the new tourneys. And i am very disappointed to c that the Mini Duel started when i was still eating breakfast. I have never gotten into a single Mini Duel. The Mini grouped spring is full if i was smart enough to look in there the moment i got online. So i have no choice but to join the banded tourneys (which i hate) and the big tourneys. Very disappointed. (Probably gonna get my ass kicked)
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    14 Sep '04 00:04
    Originally posted by tlai1992
    what can i say? I saw the new tourneys. And i am very disappointed to c that the Mini Duel started when i was still eating breakfast. I have never gotten into a single Mini Duel. The Mini grouped spring is full if i was smart enough to look in there the moment i got online. So i have no choice but to join the banded tourneys (which i hate) and the big tourneys. Very disappointed. (Probably gonna get my ass kicked)
    Why do you hate banded tournys?

It's the only chance for us,low rated players,to have some glory in a tournament.

In grouped random,grandsplit or miniduel tournaments you'll find almost everytime a 1700-2000 player that will kick your butt.
  3. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    14 Sep '04 00:23
    Originally posted by Ravello

It's the only chance for us,low rated players,to have some glory in a tournament.

In grouped random,grandsplit or miniduel tournaments you'll find almost everytime a 1700-2000 player that will kick your butt.
    your right Ravello. But i dont want to play 1200 and 1300s. Ok ok ok i do want to play them but for some reason my mind is telling me that i am supposed to hate it. (Im not crazy πŸ˜‰ ) i mean i really want to get into the mini duel but i dont want to skip breakfast and wake up early just to get into a tourney. Whats up with this? Russ should start these tourneys at a later time. Maybe in the afternoon for us Americans πŸ˜‰
  4. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    14 Sep '04 01:12

some glory? What do you mean? I can already c that i cant beat more than half the people in the tourney (the banded one)
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    14 Sep '04 01:24
    That's not my faultπŸ˜‰
  6. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    14 Sep '04 01:37
    That's not my faultπŸ˜‰
    not blaming you. If you joined the tourney you'll have another tourney on your tourney victory. Congrats on winning a shot at the title
  7. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    14 Sep '04 13:30
    thanks Ravello for getting me into the newest mini duel. lucky i woke up early today its 6 right now
  8. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    14 Sep '04 15:07
    some glory? What do you mean? I can already c that i cant beat more than half the people in the tourney (the banded one)
    Tlai why don't you try? If you go into a game thinking you are going to lose you probably will. I always start a game with a win in mind even against 2000 rated players.πŸ˜‰
  9. Behind you...
    Moves
    14 Sep '04 18:20
    Originally posted by gumbie
    Tlai why don't you try? If you go into a game thinking you are going to lose you probably will. I always start a game with a win in mind even against 2000 rated players.πŸ˜‰
    I've read in many chess books that simply having confidence in your play is worth about 100-200 rating points! They say its really helpful to simply not look at your opponent's rating before a game in OTB match-ups, but of course on here that's much more difficult! πŸ˜‰

-Kev
  10. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    14 Sep '04 23:48
    Originally posted by gumbie
    problem is when i start a game against 1200-1300 i tell myself i should be able to win but more than half the time i lose
  11. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    14 Sep '04 23:48
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    I've read in many chess books that simply having confidence in your play is worth about 100-200 rating points! They say its really helpful to simply not look at your opponent's rating before a game in OTB match-ups, but of course on here that's much more difficult! πŸ˜‰

-Kev
    maybe a hide rating button?
  12. Behind you...
    Moves
    15 Sep '04 03:48
    maybe a hide rating button?
    Do you have a hide-rating button? Cause if you'd do, I'd certainly love to borrow it! πŸ˜‰

-Kev
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Sep '04 03:57
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    Do you have a hide-rating button? Cause if you'd do, I'd certainly love to borrow it! πŸ˜‰

-Kev
    If you ever have the guts to challenge me again (which I doubt) you better put masking tape over the screen to hide my rating; some of us actually improve our play rather than stagnating at the same level. Of course, it must be tough to work on your "game" when your trailer gets getting washed into the ocean every week!
  14. Behind you...
    Moves
    15 Sep '04 04:481 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If you ever have the guts to challenge me again (which I doubt) you better put masking tape over the screen to hide my rating; some of us actually improve our play rather than stagnating at the same level. Of course, it must be ...[text shortened]... " when your trailer gets getting washed into the ocean every week!
    Wow, someone went and got lucky in a few games!!! Nice rating. I shall challenge now and take pride in whipping some Freethinker arse!!!

Oh by the way, I also have raised up pretty well, now about 1650. Good luck to you!

-Kev

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree