Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 15 May '05 21:05
    Why'd you stop the Mini Banded II tournies at 1699, Russ? I just went over 1700 and now I'm kicking myself for being such a darn genius. 🙁

-Kev
  2. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    16 May '05 08:28
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    Why'd you stop the Mini Banded II tournies at 1699, Russ? I just went over 1700 and now I'm kicking myself for being such a darn genius. 🙁

-Kev
    Probably because most people over 1700 who wanted a mini banded tourney are in the first lot. The way the rating system works there are less and less players over a given range as ratings increase.

The 1900-1949 banded tourney just recently started with 4 entrants and the 1950-1999 one has yet to start with only 3.

I guess Russ figured that there wouldn't be enough demand for another so soon above 1700.
  3. 16 May '05 21:16 / 1 edit
    That point works well enough, but I think he should've stopped at 1800, since there are plenty of players over 1700. (If I can make it over that hump, I'm sure many others can! 😉)

Meh, maybe I should PM instead.

-Kev
  4. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    18 May '05 14:29
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    That point works well enough, but I think he should've stopped at 1800, since there are plenty of players over 1700. (If I can make it over that hump, I'm sure many others can! 😉)

Meh, maybe I should PM instead.

-Kev
    Some of the higher ones were harder to fill, increasing the width of the bands after 1,700 would solve that.
  5. 18 May '05 20:06
    Well I've since PMed Russ and he says he will have the higher-rated Mini Banded tournies up once all the newest ones get started and have fallen off the page. 🙂

-Kev