1. Joined
    30 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 18:54
    Originally posted by Wildfire
    You now have about 1 hour and 38 minutes to sign up! Time is running short! Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity! Sign up!
    signs up😀
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 19:17
    Originally posted by propawnkiller
    signs up😀
    Ai...
  3. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 00:09
    OOPS! I forgot to close the entries at noon. Well, one lucky member managed to sneak into the tournament 6 minutes before it was supposed to close. Here's a final rundown of this tourney.

People in this tournament:

Wildfire
    Aiko
    zakkwylder
    kw72uk
    dweezil
    UmbrageOfSnow
    propawnkiller

This tournament will have time controls set at 3/7, but I'm still debating on what the group size should be. With only 7 people, it would only be 14 new games if it was an all against all tournament, but I'm open to suggestions. Any ideas?
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 00:11
    A group with three and a group with four?
  5. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 13:022 edits
    two groups of two and a group of three?

EDIT: seven groups of one....and I'd still have trouble getting to the second round.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 😀
  6. Joined
    30 Jan '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 16:46
    This tournament will have time controls set at 3/7, but I'm still debating on what the group size should be. With only 7 people, it would only be 14 new games if it was an all against all tournament, but I'm open to suggestions. Any ideas?[/b]
    Yes, that would be 12 games if the group size was set to 4🙁, I think. I don't know if the site admins want to implement Aiko's 3 and 4 idea. I'd like to see that rather than groups of 4(=7) or duels.
  7. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 19:261 edit
    Well, since everyone else is too polite, then I'll say it.

Propawnkiller, why don't you drop out, please?

The 6 of us who were in were separated by roughly 175 ratings points, making for a tournament that could have been won by anybody. Now you've joined (as is your right) but you are 250 rating points higher than Umbrage, who had been the highest. Now, instead of a tournament that the rest of us were looking forward to, we can all pretty much look forward to a thumping.

There are lots of tournaments where you can go up against players who are more around your skill, and a win would be MUCH more meaningful.

Please reconsider. Thank you.

p.s. I realize I'm speaking for everyone here, but I suspect they all feel the same sense of being cheated here. (so to speak) If the rest of you feel I'm out of line here, I'm willing to change my mind.

edit: spelling
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 20:281 edit
    Well, my reply earlier on this page was indeed directed at the rating difference.

I have different thoughts about this, though. First, one can doubt if I should be in this tournament, maybe me making room for propawnkiller to get to a total of 6. That of course won't make the difference any smaller. So secondly, this is a very, very small tournament. If 6 people join in, the actual chances of winning it is quite large (compared to other tournaments). With a high ranked player it gets a bit more realistic considering your own chances for victory compared to other tournaments. Then again, I drawed against a 1800+ player once, but have never beaten anyone over 1700, so this might be my big chance!

I personaly have no problem with him / her competing.
    But if I want to actually have a chance of winning a tournament, then...
  9. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 22:48
    Yeah, ok, you make a couple of good points, and maybe I should be looking at it a little differently. Such as: " Wow, there's only 1 guy who's really rated quite high in this tourney, this will be a change."

Like I said, he/she had a right to join, and did. So, thinking about it a little more, I withdraw my previous post, and look forward to the start.

Nothing personal, propawnkiller, I look forward to playing you and the others. 🙂

And Aiko, you can't leave now! You did such a good job getting in this tourney, I'd hate to see that effort wasted! 🙂

Personally, I'd prefer to play all the entrants, but I realize not everyone wants 12 games dumped in their lap. So, I'm happy with whatever Wildfire decides.
  10. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    13 Nov '05 06:04
    A face off would be even better.
  11. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    13 Nov '05 16:08
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    A face off would be even better.
    How does a face off work?
  12. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    13 Nov '05 16:56
    Originally posted by dweezil
    How does a face off work?
    Everyone against everyone all at once. Just like the current Halloween face offs on the tournaments page.
  13. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    13 Nov '05 19:14
    Good, that's what I meant.
  14. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 01:32
    Alright, this tournament will be starting very soon. Good luck to all of you.
  15. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 04:12
    The 'W' tournament is now under way. Good luck to everyone!

Tournament 885

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree