Tolkien Clan Tournament

Tolkien Clan Tournament

Tournaments

M
Smuttley

Blowing goats

Moves
13 Nov 04

Hey Guys, there aren't many places left on the Tolkien Clan tournament and there is a damn good prize at the end of it. One Tournament to rule them all.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
13 Nov 04

I would like to join,but 7 days timeout................it will end in 2006.

M
Smuttley

Blowing goats

Moves
13 Nov 04

Originally posted by Ravello
I would like to join,but 7 days timeout................it will end in 2006.
We felt we had a better chance of beating the stronger players with a slightly longer timeout period. With a short timeout, most of our clan will get stuffed by players over 1700 every time, but with 7 days, maybe not.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
13 Nov 04

Well,I think that if someone is not able to find the right move in three days,thinking four days more will not make much difference.

M
Smuttley

Blowing goats

Moves
13 Nov 04

Well,I think that if someone is not able to find the right move in three days,thinking four days more will not make much difference.
Trouble is a lot of us don't have all of the timeout period to find a move as we travel on business, work late, etc. And with Xmas coming along. Anyway, its only a bit of fun. The tournament would be better with you, but..........

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
13 Nov 04

I don't move slowly but if i play 3day T/O's i keep getting timed out as i don't have the net at home. 7 Days doesn't mean long games at all. I've got all my games on 7 Day TO's now and they all move just as fast as b4.

g
The man himself

Totally lost

Moves
13 Nov 04

Originally posted by marinakatomb
I don't move slowly but if i play 3day T/O's i keep getting timed out as i don't have the net at home. 7 Days doesn't mean long games at all. I've got all my games on 7 Day TO's now and they all move just as fast as b4.
Great prize!

M
Smuttley

Blowing goats

Moves
13 Nov 04

Originally posted by gumbie
Great prize!
We wanted to put up a good prize. Our only concern was that someone will go out of their way to cheat just for the prize. I do hope players don't do that. I will spend time reviewing a number of the games in the tournament to try to spot that, but it won't be easy.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
13 Nov 04

Well,you have just to run Jameswoodley's games through a chess program and you'll see a 95/100% match of moves made..........

M
Smuttley

Blowing goats

Moves
13 Nov 04

Well,you have just to run Jameswoodley's games through a chess program and you'll see a 95/100% match of moves made..........
That is one of my worries. I don't own a chess machine to do that, but maybe I'll find someone who has one and run a bunch of games through it to see if any match. I understand that there are many different settings in these engines, which bring about different quality moves however, so I guess you can't prove anything.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
13 Nov 04

I know that many of you don't like ForumWars,but in this site greyeyesofsorrow made analisis for JW's games (with a chess program obviously)and in all of them the result isthe same.
JW's owns CM10k and his moves are all the ones suggested by CM10k.

But if you think this doesn't prove anything, I wish good luck to all the ones who will play JW in this tourny............

M
Smuttley

Blowing goats

Moves
13 Nov 04

I know that many of you don't like ForumWars,but in this site greyeyesofsorrow made analisis for JW's games (with a chess program obviously)and in all of them the result isthe same.
JW's owns CM10k and his moves are all the ones suggested by CM10k.

But if you think this doesn't prove anything, I wish good luck to all the ones who will play JW in this tourny............
Just noticed that he has a relatively easy first round draw.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.