1. Standard memberMesmiris
    Smuttley
    Blowing goats
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 00:26
    Hey Guys, there aren't many places left on the Tolkien Clan tournament and there is a damn good prize at the end of it. One Tournament to rule them all.
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 00:52
    I would like to join,but 7 days timeout................it will end in 2006.
  3. Standard memberMesmiris
    Smuttley
    Blowing goats
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 01:38
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I would like to join,but 7 days timeout................it will end in 2006.
    We felt we had a better chance of beating the stronger players with a slightly longer timeout period. With a short timeout, most of our clan will get stuffed by players over 1700 every time, but with 7 days, maybe not.
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 01:43
    Well,I think that if someone is not able to find the right move in three days,thinking four days more will not make much difference.
  5. Standard memberMesmiris
    Smuttley
    Blowing goats
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 01:56
    Well,I think that if someone is not able to find the right move in three days,thinking four days more will not make much difference.
    Trouble is a lot of us don't have all of the timeout period to find a move as we travel on business, work late, etc. And with Xmas coming along. Anyway, its only a bit of fun. The tournament would be better with you, but..........
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 07:34
    I don't move slowly but if i play 3day T/O's i keep getting timed out as i don't have the net at home. 7 Days doesn't mean long games at all. I've got all my games on 7 Day TO's now and they all move just as fast as b4.
  7. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 12:25
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    I don't move slowly but if i play 3day T/O's i keep getting timed out as i don't have the net at home. 7 Days doesn't mean long games at all. I've got all my games on 7 Day TO's now and they all move just as fast as b4.
    Great prize!
  8. Standard memberMesmiris
    Smuttley
    Blowing goats
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 13:56
    Originally posted by gumbie
    Great prize!
    We wanted to put up a good prize. Our only concern was that someone will go out of their way to cheat just for the prize. I do hope players don't do that. I will spend time reviewing a number of the games in the tournament to try to spot that, but it won't be easy.
  9. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 14:12
    Well,you have just to run Jameswoodley's games through a chess program and you'll see a 95/100% match of moves made..........
  10. Standard memberMesmiris
    Smuttley
    Blowing goats
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 15:28
    Well,you have just to run Jameswoodley's games through a chess program and you'll see a 95/100% match of moves made..........
    That is one of my worries. I don't own a chess machine to do that, but maybe I'll find someone who has one and run a bunch of games through it to see if any match. I understand that there are many different settings in these engines, which bring about different quality moves however, so I guess you can't prove anything.
  11. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 17:58
    I know that many of you don't like ForumWars,but in this site greyeyesofsorrow made analisis for JW's games (with a chess program obviously)and in all of them the result isthe same.
    JW's owns CM10k and his moves are all the ones suggested by CM10k.

But if you think this doesn't prove anything, I wish good luck to all the ones who will play JW in this tourny............
  12. Standard memberMesmiris
    Smuttley
    Blowing goats
    Moves
    13 Nov '04 20:32
    I know that many of you don't like ForumWars,but in this site greyeyesofsorrow made analisis for JW's games (with a chess program obviously)and in all of them the result isthe same.
    JW's owns CM10k and his moves are all the ones suggested by CM10k.

But if you think this doesn't prove anything, I wish good luck to all the ones who will play JW in this tourny............
    Just noticed that he has a relatively easy first round draw.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree