1. Joined
    05 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 15:42
    Is it possible to create a restriction that if you enter a tournament and your ranking goes over the band limit of the tournament before it kicks off, then you are disqualified?

There is nothing more depressing than starting a tournament fresh within the band 1400-1500 for example, and seeing that before a move has been made, there is someone entered who is ranked 1650...
  2. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 20:23
    Originally posted by The Sasn
    Is it possible to create a restriction that if you enter a tournament and your ranking goes over the band limit of the tournament before it kicks off, then you are disqualified?

There is nothing more depressing than starting a tournament fresh within the band 1400-1500 for example, and seeing that before a move has been made, there is someone entered who is ranked 1650...
    Why should there be?
    My rating fluctuates between 1550 & 1650 or so. Why shouldn't I be able to enter a 1300-1575 & stand a good chance when I get some dude in a 1600 max tourni whose rating rises to 1725?
    In other words, it happens to us all.
    Get used to it!
  3. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 02:35
    It's a little daunting I suppose...but not really a big deal. You play the person NOT the number.
    I'm sure there are some folks who treat it like gaining and dropping weight for wrestling or boxing....but I doubt it's a significant number - or maybe I'm just fooling myself.

I don't have a lot of room to talk as I am currently above band in the tournament I am competing in. Don't worry, though - I'm working on getting back down in the pack. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree