1. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 18:01
    I'm a little confused about how the grouping is working in the tournament July 2007 Duel 64 II, Round 2.

I don't get why there are 19 groups in Round 2 instead of 16. I thought that people who tied in the first round would be kept in the same group in the second round, making a group of 3. But that doesn't seem to be the case; most of the people who tied are in their own new groups of 2.

Also I don't get what is special about group 1 that leads it to have 3 people when most of the tied people are still in groups of 2.

Thanks to anyone who can help clear this up for me.

Tournament link (if it works):

Tournament 2352
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 23:55
    Originally posted by incandenza
    I'm a little confused about how the grouping is working in the tournament July 2007 Duel 64 II, Round 2.

I don't get why there are 19 groups in Round 2 instead of 16. I thought that people who tied in the first round would be kept in the same group in the second round, making a group of 3. But that doesn't seem to be the case; most of the people who ...[text shortened]... yone who can help clear this up for me.

Tournament link (if it works):

Tournament 2352
    I suspect group 1 contains the 1st, 20th and 39th highest graded player from the list of qualifiers (Original rather than Random pairings) - although this may be less easy to see now that players ratings have changed in the meantime...QwikE for example.
  3. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 02:52
    Ah, OK... And of course there has to be one group of 3 since there is an odd number of participants remaining. Otherwise everyone would just be in pairs regardless of whether they tied in the first round.

Thanks, it's making more sense now.
  4. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 01:00
    Originally posted by Sepia Tint
    I suspect group 1 contains the 1st, 20th and 39th highest graded player from the list of qualifiers (Original rather than Random pairings) - although this may be less easy to see now that players ratings have changed in the meantime...QwikE for example.
    Thread 78060

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree