tournament hold---up's

Standard memberRemoved
Tournaments 10 May '09 16:29
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 May '09 16:29
    players who hold up plar should not be able to enter. there is a player

who like me has no chance of winning, and still waites until he has 1 day to move. then he gets a fresh 21 days. what can be done if anything?
  2. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    10 May '09 16:541 edit
    Originally posted by johnnight1
    players who hold up plar should not be able to enter. there is a player

who like me has no chance of winning, and still waites until he has 1 day to move. then he gets a fresh 21 days. what can be done if anything?
    nothing. he's within his rights to move within the agreed time limit. if 21 days is too long, consider only joining tournaments with shorter time limits.

i know it is frustgrating, though. i have one opponent who moved VERY frequently when he thought he was winning, but now that he is in big trouble, he is just stonewalling.

a system i've seen on other sites allows users to rate each other for fair play, courtesy, and so on. i think this would be good for catching out those who abide by the letter but not the spirit of the rules. and, perhaps, if someone's fair play rating dropped below a certain level, they would be barred from tournaments. this would include sandbaggers etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree