1. Joined
    25 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 10:29
    It could be nice to create tournaments with a new year of subscription free for the winner.
    I do not know how to suggest it to the owner of this website...😉
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 10:37
    Originally posted by Poutch
    It could be nice to create tournaments with a new year of subscription free for the winner.
    Why not use the Send Feedback link at the bottom of this page?
    Or write a mail directly to Russ?
  3. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 11:38
    Originally posted by Poutch
    It has been done before.

If you volunteer to pay for the subscription I think it would be up very soon
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 15:02
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    It has been done before.

If you volunteer to pay for the subscription I think it would be up very soon
    Sorry, we have done this and don't plan to do it again.

It is a nice (and generous) offer but it results in a tournament being swamped by multi-accounter's, plus there is a motivation to cheat - non-subs value their account less than someone who has spent money updating that account. (Subscribed)

That is why sponsored tournaments are for subs only, and only offer low value items to the winner.

-Russ
  5. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 18:35
    From the Pooh private forum:

The 1st Pooh Clan Tournament wishes to announce a prize has been established by an anonymous donor. Details as follow:

a) Prize is a paid 1 year subscription to RHP for yourself or whoever you designate.

b) Prize is based on "Best Game". Note this is NOT the same thing as winning the tournament!

c) The judge will be the Moose and whichever drinking buddies happen to be hanging around at the time judgement is made.

d) Everyone in the Pooh Clan is eligable to win EXCEPT anyone who in the last month or so has nagged the Moose about his flag or his age or being from Texas or just in general pissed him off. You know who you are!

A few additional guidelines:

1) Judgement is final. Any moaning, groaning, whining, or bitching will get you deservedly on my ignore list.

2) Bribes are welcome. A case of good German or Dutch beer will go a long way in getting your game a favorable review. Address: Moose c/o Texas.

3) A few extra points are available for creative taunting or smack-talking. The Moose gets a giggle out of a well placed "You Suck".

4) The judging will be fair unless it's Mutt or Mixo involved since they have constantly given the Moose a hard time.

5) When announcing the winner, the judge reserves the right to discuss, annotate, and generally be a blowhard about the game. If you don't listen politely, I'll give the prize to someone else.
  6. Santiago
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 00:13
    Why have non subscribers in the tournament? I would make it open to all subscibers who have had subscriptions for at least a month.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree