Tournaments - default view

Tournaments

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
20 Jul 04
2 edits

Russ, would it perhaps be better if the default view when you click on the Tournaments link was the Open Tournament view? A lot of people are saying that they are missing some open tournaments cos they have moved onto page two, this would avoid that problem for the most part.

I'm sure regular users mainly use the Open Tournaments and then the My Tournaments views in anycase but it seems some people are unaware they are there and just think the default view is it and consequently some tournaments are getting missed.

t
Retired knight

Chess Castle

Moves
27 Jul 04

Originally posted by Exy
Russ, would it perhaps be better if the default view when you click on the Tournaments link was the Open Tournament view? A lot of people are saying that they are missing some open tournaments cos they have moved onto page two, this would avoid that problem for the most part.

I'm sure regular users mainly use the Open Tournaments and then the My Tournaments ...[text shortened]... ere and just think the default view is it and consequently some tournaments are getting missed.
no that would be a bad idea

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
27 Jul 04
3 edits

Why would it be a bad idea? Surely when people actually click on the Tournaments button they are looking to join a new tournament. This is why it makes a lot more sense for the default view to be the current tournaments open to enter.

The problem with the default view being all tournaments ordered by date is that tournaments that have yet to start are pushed onto the second or third pages and are missed by people who don't appear to realise that there is an Open Tournments button.

If nothing else I hope my post draws this to people's attention as the Banded 1800-1899 and 1800+ are still struggling to get started. πŸ˜•

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
27 Jul 04

Originally posted by Exy
Why would it be a bad idea? Surely when people actually click on the [b]Tournaments button they are looking to join a new tournament. This is why it makes a lot more sense for the default view to be the current tournaments open to enter.

The problem with the default view being all tournaments ordered by date is that tournaments that have yet to start ar ...[text shortened]... le's attention as the Banded 1800-1899 and 1800+ are still struggling to get started. πŸ˜•[/b]
Yep, all of that is valid and innovative. It needs to be supported.

skeeter

PS gets a rec tooπŸ˜€

TSP
HIT THE LIGHTS

Moves
27 Jul 04

Originally posted by skeeter
Yep, all of that is valid and innovative. It needs to be supported.

skeeter

PS gets a rec tooπŸ˜€
I'm with you on that ...

The 1800-1899 has been open for ages, and is now on page two...
Surely no good

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
27 Jul 04
1 edit

Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
I'm with you on that ...

The 1800-1899 has been open for ages, and is now on page two...
Surely no good
Possiblly not so much a case of apathy but more related to "case load" in the higher rating banded tourneys. But being "invisibly" relegated to page two certainly doesn't help.

skeeter

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
27 Jul 04

One is now on page 3, the other on page 5! πŸ˜•

R
umm...

Souf London

Moves
28 Jul 04

I see what u guys are sayin' but I just checked out the tournament thing for the first time and clicked on open tournaments....maybe I's just got too much common sense!?!

Oh can we have some low skill tournaments in the 0-1200 area? Please?

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
30 Jul 04
1 edit

Originally posted by Rootie
I see what u guys are sayin' but I just checked out the tournament thing for the first time and clicked on open tournaments....maybe I's just got too much common sense!?!

Oh can we have some low skill tournaments in the 0-1200 area? Please?
You obviously have - but it's not as common as you'd think! 😡

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.