1. Port Richey
    Moves
    29 Apr '10 02:24
    Would any players ranked under 1200 be interested in a tournament that could also provide an educational forum to learn as you go.
    I get frustrated playing tournaments because most have much higher ranked players and I learn very little except from a few opponents who answer my questions.
    I think this site could help the average player by providing the above type of tourney.
  2. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    29 Apr '10 03:30
    They do have banded touranments that only allow individuals within a certain rating, say 1100-1200 to enter. You could always join one of those and talk to your opponents via pm.

Or you could create private tourament, and only players you invited would be allowed to join. Games could also be discussed in a private forum.

Personally, I think the best way to learn would be playing people rated a bit above you, (perhaps 1400), as they would be able to explain themselves a bit better.

The problem with a bunch of 1100 rated players all discussing their games is that they may all miss some fundamental mistakes, and not really understand what they are doing wrong.

If you are interested in playing an unrated game with a stronger player who could explain his moves, you can send me a game at some point.
  3. Port Richey
    Moves
    30 Apr '10 03:27
    Thank you but I was hoping Red Hot Pawn would be willing to set up an educational site.
    By monitoring the site and using pm they could assist in improving the quality of play for the lower ranked players.
    I have had very little luck in getting my higher ranked opponents to help me during tourneys. You are one of the few that have offered to help.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    30 Apr '10 12:26
    Originally posted by bucsfnatic
    Thank you but I was hoping Red Hot Pawn would be willing to set up an educational site.
    By monitoring the site and using pm they could assist in improving the quality of play for the lower ranked players.
    I have had very little luck in getting my higher ranked opponents to help me during tourneys. You are one of the few that have offered to help.
    Club 51 may be what you are looking for.
  5. Port Richey
    Moves
    30 Apr '10 20:46
    Thanks I never new club 51 existed. I will give it a try.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree