1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Sep '05 17:491 edit
    I sent this by Site Feedback several days ago, but haven't got an answer and thought it might be quicker if I posted publicly as I know sometimes Site Feedback can be slow. As most of you know, I intend to leave the site after I finish my ongoing games. However, I have advanced in three different tournaments and am loath to simply resign all my games in them or be timeouted as this will drop my final rating here well below 2000. It's not that important compared to Hurricane Katrina but it took me over 9 months and a lot of games to acheive and keep that mark and I take a certain small amount of pride and satisfaction in having done it. I would like to leave here with that "accomplishment" intact.

My question is: is there anyway I can simply withdraw from these tournaments? An answer from the Site Admins or anybody with info would be appreciated.
  2. Behind you...
    Moves
    07 Sep '05 18:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I sent this by Site Feedback several days ago, but haven't got an answer and thought it might be quicker if I posted publicly as I know sometimes Site Feedback can be slow. As most of you know, I intend to leave the site after I finish my ongoing games. However, I have advanced in three different tournaments and am loath to simply resign all my games in ...[text shortened]... rom these tournaments? An answer from the Site Admins or anybody with info would be appreciated.
    You can't just set Fritz on Automatic?
  3. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    07 Sep '05 18:56
    I sent this by Site Feedback several days ago, but haven't got an answer and thought it might be quicker if I posted publicly as I know sometimes Site Feedback can be slow. As most of you know, I intend to leave the site after I finish my ongoing games. However, I have advanced in three different tournaments and am loath to simply resign all my games in ...[text shortened]... rom these tournaments? An answer from the Site Admins or anybody with info would be appreciated.
    If you resign prior to the first move.. you will not have a rating hit.. I can't remember the exact number of moves, but if you don't move in them, you won't have a rating drop
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Sep '05 19:02
    Originally posted by MIODude
    If you resign prior to the first move.. you will not have a rating hit.. I can't remember the exact number of moves, but if you don't move in them, you won't have a rating drop
    I'm not sure if that is true is tournaments, but if so that would be an adequate solution though I hate to resign games on principle without being beaten. If that is verified by the Site Admins, that's what I will do. Thanks for the input.

And kiss my a**, Vulture; apparently that crushing I handed you on Playchess has warped your teenage "mind".
  5. Standard memberDOlivier2004
    A Lost Bobby
    The Bermuda Triangle
    Moves
    07 Sep '05 19:081 edit
    Originally posted by MIODude
    It's after two moves. I won a tournament when the other guy didn't show up at all for the finals. Both times I timed him out, my rating never moved. I hope this helps.
  6. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    07 Sep '05 19:09
    Originally posted by DOlivier2004
    It's after two moves. I won a tournament when the other guy didn't show up at all for the finals. Both times I timed him out, my rating never moved. I hope this helps.
    And I did it against Dustnrogers in the Big Summer FaceOff II.. I didn't want to lose to someone with an 831 when I finally got my average above 1600! ya.. I'm vain.
  7. omnipresent
    Moves
    07 Sep '05 22:07
    small amount of pride
    ???

and yeah, it's 2.
  8. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    08 Sep '05 08:13
    If you are timedout without making a move, your rating will not be affected. It effectively becomes an unarated game.
  9. DonationDustnrogers
    Canada'sChamp
    Calgary Alberta
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 19:46
    You should stay no1, the monster prize of rock round is soon to finish, i am hoping to sneak in, i doubt it, but its still possible, and if i do, we can face each other, it will suck if you just resign the games without a fight!!

What do you think?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 19:561 edit
    Originally posted by Dustnrogers
    You should stay no1, the monster prize of rock round is soon to finish, i am hoping to sneak in, i doubt it, but its still possible, and if i do, we can face each other, it will suck if you just resign the games without a fight!!

What do you think?
    I think the Monsters of Rock is a complete joke with most of the second round games being decided by timeouts and early resignations after it took the first round a year to finish. And I think you chastising someone for resigning games "without a fight" is about the nerviest s**t I've ever read. If you had wanted to play me soooooooooo bad, you could have played our games through in the past and not left them hanging while you resigned your other games so when I won I wouldn't get any points. So kiss my a**.
  11. INDIA
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 18:43
    Another question: Pardon me if this question has been asked before as I do not follow the forums that closely..

If the last round of the tournament results in a tie among 2 or 3 players involved, will there be a re-match or are all of them are judged joint winners?

Regards,
    Satya Prakash
    🙄
  12. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 19:50
    Originally posted by satyaprakash
    Another question: Pardon me if this question has been asked before as I do not follow the forums that closely..

If the last round of the tournament results in a tie among 2 or 3 players involved, will there be a re-match or are all of them are judged joint winners?

Regards,
    Satya Prakash
    🙄
    I'm pretty sure that there would be extra rounds until there is an eventual winner. At least that's what used to happen, and I'm not aware of any rule changes.
  13. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 23:15
    🙄
    The winners of the group pass on to yet another final.
    Those that are not winners in the group can say the tournament farewell. So not all have a rematch necessary.
  14. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 16:35

Regards,
    Satya Prakash
    🙄
    Holy moly Satya, how on earth did you hit 2100!! Why are there so many players who i've held to a draw or even beaten who rise so high so quickly!! What am i doing wrong i ask??
  15. INDIA
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 21:31
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Holy moly Satya, how on earth did you hit 2100!! Why are there so many players who i've held to a draw or even beaten who rise so high so quickly!! What am i doing wrong i ask??
    Marina,

No harm in asking. I would rate my recent success to a lot of factors - persistency in improving openings i like to play, tutoring (professional), custom database and analysing games (only if time permits during weekends), books.

I still am making some blunders as a result of which my rating has dipped recently..Why dont we have a game so u can judge me how improved I am?
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree