Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. 02 Jan '06 16:24
    I've noticed all the tournies on RHP are strictly for subscribers. Would the admins consider creating one for those of us who aren't members but are considering subscribing?

    I realize you wouldn't want to make a habit out of this (after all paying members are supposed to be getting some tangible benifit for forking over $$). What I would propose is to create just one non-subscriber tournament every quarter. Ratings shouldn't matter since everyone will be provisional anyway. If a non-subscriber misses the sign-up deadline, too bad. You could, additionally, limit non-subscribers to just one of these tournies. That way they couldn't keep signing up every quarter - they only get to test drive this feature once. Then it is pay up or stick with limited features.

    thanks

    chewybaka
  2. 02 Jan '06 17:16
    Originally posted by chewybaka
    I've noticed all the tournies on RHP are strictly for subscribers. Would the admins consider creating one for those of us who aren't members but are considering subscribing?

    I realize you wouldn't want to make a habit out of this (after all paying members are supposed to be getting some tangible benifit for forking over $$). What I would propose is to ...[text shortened]... this feature once. Then it is pay up or stick with limited features.

    thanks

    chewybaka
    I think one problem might be the number of games.

    I am not to sure why rating would not matter as there is a very big diffrence between some non-subs.
  3. 03 Jan '06 22:07
    Not even an annual tournament for us non paying scums?
  4. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    03 Jan '06 23:07
    Originally posted by Fisich
    Not even an annual tournament for us non paying scums?
    i think its a great idea.

    suggest it in the site ideas section.

    Ill vote for it.
  5. 03 Jan '06 23:13
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    i think its a great idea.

    suggest it in the site ideas section.

    Ill vote for it.
    Ok!
  6. 04 Jan '06 10:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by chewybaka
    I've noticed all the tournies on RHP are strictly for subscribers. Would the admins consider creating one for those of us who aren't members but are considering subscribing?

    I realize you wouldn't want to make a habit out of this (after all paying members are supposed to be getting some tangible benifit for forking over $$). What I would propose is to this feature once. Then it is pay up or stick with limited features.

    thanks

    chewybaka
    Why don't players just simply subscribe surely £18 (30$) a year is good value it approximately equates to going to the cinema 3 times a year which would only be about 5 hours of entertainment. Ok it may due to the cost of living cost more in other countries, but what hppens if you take out a month subscription and enter a few tournaments, the knockout type take over a year to finish (I assume once in you can stay in? does anyone know?).
  7. Standard member The Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    04 Jan '06 16:29
    Originally posted by chewybaka
    I've noticed all the tournies on RHP are strictly for subscribers. Would the admins consider creating one for those of us who aren't members but are considering subscribing?

    I realize you wouldn't want to make a habit out of this (after all paying members are supposed to be getting some tangible benifit for forking over $$). What I would propose is to ...[text shortened]... this feature once. Then it is pay up or stick with limited features.

    thanks

    chewybaka
    here is a much better idea ...


    support RHP and cough up some dough (and then you can enter all the tourney's you want)

    How does that sound ??
  8. 04 Jan '06 16:49
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
    here is a much better idea ...


    support RHP and cough up some dough (and then you can enter all the tourney's you want)

    How does that sound ??
    lol there goes all my diplomacy down the drain
  9. Standard member cludi
    Blogger
    04 Jan '06 21:48
    Originally posted by chewybaka
    I've noticed all the tournies on RHP are strictly for subscribers. Would the admins consider creating one for those of us who aren't members but are considering subscribing?

    No.

    And by the way; How would the admins know who is considering
    being a subscriber and who's not??
  10. 04 Jan '06 23:00
    Originally posted by cludi
    No.
    Are you an administrator?

    I think not,so please shut up and spare your breath with the usual non-subscribers bashing.
  11. 04 Jan '06 23:54
    Originally posted by cludi
    No.

    And by the way; How would the admins know who is considering
    being a subscriber and who's not??
    Doesn't particilarly matter, since you could limit all non-subs to a one-time free tourny. Furthermore you can make it a tourny exclusively for non-subs.

    Just an idea. BTW- the "non-sub" bashing is kind of a turn-off.

    chewybaka
  12. 05 Jan '06 00:01
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Why don't players just simply subscribe surely £18 (30$) a year is good value it approximately equates to going to the cinema 3 times a year which would only be about 5 hours of entertainment. Ok it may due to the cost of living cost more in other countries, but what hppens if you take out a month subscription and enter a few tournaments, the knockout type take over a year to finish (I assume once in you can stay in? does anyone know?).
    Oh! I didn't realize you guys did monthly subs. My current correspondence chess provider only did annual. Good question though. If i subscribe for a month or three and enter a quick time control tourny will I be allowed to stay in it if it doesn't end in time?


    thanks,

    chewybaka
  13. Standard member The Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    09 Jan '06 20:24
    Originally posted by chewybaka
    Oh! I didn't realize you guys did monthly subs. My current correspondence chess provider only did annual. Good question though. If i subscribe for a month or three and enter a quick time control tourny will I be allowed to stay in it if it doesn't end in time?


    thanks,

    chewybaka
    yes

    but the more important question is ...

    How tight can someone be (I bet you can peel an orange in your pocket as well) ??
  14. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    09 Jan '06 20:35
    Yes. And same goes for all next rounds if you qualify. The only thing when you are a non-sub is you cannot initiate anymore games until you reach 5 at most (because 6 is your limit). The games that RHP initiate (through the tournaments when you have made it into the next round) are always possible.
  15. 12 Jan '06 04:32
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Yes. And same goes for all next rounds if you qualify. The only thing when you are a non-sub is you cannot initiate anymore games until you reach 5 at most (because 6 is your limit). The games that RHP initiate (through the tournaments when you have made it into the next round) are always possible.
    Thanks for the help Aiko!

    cheers.