1. Standard memberBarefootChessPlayer
    Barefoot Chessplayer
    central usa
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 02:20
    i'd love to compete in one of these, but since they occur so infrequently, i am uanble to do so.
    is there any way of getting advance notice of when these will be put on without having to check the ournaments link repeatedly?
    thanks.
    (by the way, my subpost under the championships thread was a mistake; sorry.)
  2. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 05:37
    Originally posted by BarefootChessPlayer
    i'd love to compete in one of these, but since they occur so infrequently, i am uanble to do so.
    is there any way of getting advance notice of when these will be put on without having to check the ournaments link repeatedly?
    thanks.
    (by the way, my subpost under the championships thread was a mistake; sorry.)
    I never heard of any way to get prior notice of tourneys.I'm afraid you'll have to keep checking the link,sorry.
  3. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 20:09
    I have seen chess sites that send an e-mail to all active players, the fact that they are eligible or not is another matter. But it would help to inform the players and they could see when they went into the tourney area if they were eligible.
  4. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 21:43
    Originally posted by SkipSlot
    I have seen chess sites that send an e-mail to all active players, the fact that they are eligible or not is another matter. But it would help to inform the players and they could see when they went into the tourney area if they were eligible.
    The reason for site admin not implementing the e-mail notification is that Russ et-al want you to visit the site to check for new tourney's/play/post to demonstrate to the site sponsors/ advertisers that they can expect x amount of hits per member.
    To put in place an off site notification system would defeat that.

skeeter

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree