what happens if.....

what happens if.....

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cs
i'll decide!

Glasgow Scotland

Moves
31 Jul 04

there is a tie for top spot in a group? who goes through?

e
Robbo

a Brave new world

Moves
31 Jul 04

both, I believe.

F

Moves
31 Jul 04

Originally posted by eyeqpc
both, I believe.
Ok...that's correct for the early rounds but what happens if there is a tie in the final round? Is there a playoff (tiebreaker) or is the tournament "shared"?

Feivel

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
31 Jul 04

Originally posted by Feivel
Ok...that's correct for the early rounds but what happens if there is a tie in the final round? Is there a playoff (tiebreaker) or is the tournament "shared"?

Feivel
Eenie meenie minie moe?

cs
i'll decide!

Glasgow Scotland

Moves
01 Aug 04

to complicate matters further, im playing in a tourney where it is still possible for three players in the one section can finish on 12 points, do all three go through?

Moves
01 Aug 04

Originally posted by chris stephens
to complicate matters further, im playing in a tourney where it is still possible for three players in the one section can finish on 12 points, do all three go through?
Yes. I've seen this happen in tournaments that I've been involved in.

F

Moves
01 Aug 04

Originally posted by David Tebb
Yes. I've seen this happen in tournaments that I've been involved in.
really? That makes for really loooong tournaments 🙂

Feivel

Moves
01 Aug 04

Originally posted by Feivel

Feivel
Yes, if the final round is tied, the players go through and there's another round. If that's tied, there's yet another round... I don't think there's ever a stage at which the tournament is shared. Although perhaps if both players complained to Russ that they'd had enough, he might step in and put an end to their misery ;-)

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
01 Aug 04

Originally posted by David Tebb
Yes, if the final round is tied, the players go through and there's another round. If that's tied, there's yet another round... I don't think there's ever a stage at which the tournament is shared. Although perhaps if both players complained to Russ that they'd had enough, he might step in and put an end to their misery ;-)

I guess this is going to happen in my first tourny final,I won the first game and due to being overconfident I'm losing the other one,so we'll have to go with a two match repetition.
Regarding both players advancing and making tournaments too long, I put my example:in ''The Rookie cup II'' initial # of entrants was 32.
Well,after the 2nd round will finish ,in the best of hypothesis ,there will be 16 players in the 3rd round,the exact half of entrants at the beginning!taking two six-months-longs rounds to eliminate only half of contenders..............................
However there's no suitable criterium to solve the ''1:1 thing'' because the ones suggested in the past are not fair and totally casual (lowest rating pass,the one who won with less moves,pieces counting).......................