1. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    08 Jun '04 18:01
    wats the point of a no timebank tournament, if there is a 40 day timebank😕

thats like having a 20 day timeout and 20 day timeank... or do i get the concept of timebanks wrong??
  2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '04 18:031 edit
    Yes, I think you're missing the subtley of it. It's a zero rated time out tournament - that means you have to keep moving or your time bank will soon be depleted. 40 days seems a lot, but as we know most tournaments last for months! Bascially as soon as your opponent has played his move your time bank starts to tick down. Should be quite a tense one!
  3. UK
    Moves
    08 Jun '04 18:16
    I notice it still says "Tournament games now time out automatically 2 days after the timeout period expires".

So, do we get last move + 2 days or last move + timebank + 2 days?
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '04 18:21
    I would imagine that the two days would kick in once the timebank is fully used in this case.
  5. Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '04 07:58
    I don't think the 2-day factor comes in here since it is a timebank tournament. To be more precise...if u take 5 days to make a move, u will have 35 days remaining for u to finish the game. 40 day timebank may seem a lot, but believe me its not and its gonna be really very tense.
  6. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    11 Jun '04 10:344 edits
    Originally posted by Faith No More
    wats the point of a no timebank tournament, if there is a 40 day timebank😕

thats like having a 20 day timeout and 20 day timeank... or do i get the concept of timebanks wrong??
    large tournaments have many thousands of games being played simultaneously.
    the next round is unable to commence until the first round is finished.
    one of those games is likely to go to its maximum time length.

with 40 day time bank this longest game will be 40 + 40 = 80 days for the first round to finish.

if it were a 20 day timeout with 20 timebank then ... one very slow game is likely to last for 100 moves at 20 days each = 2000 days, then add 20 days of timebank = 2020 days = 5 years!!!!
    even a 3 day timeout limit would give a slowest game of 3x100 = 300 days.

with this format of 0 timeout and 40 timebank: people will not be timed out because they take a week hoilday - and we know the games will finish before 80 days 🙂
  7. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    11 Jun '04 10:41
    Originally posted by Dynamic09
    I don't think the 2-day factor comes in here since it is a timebank tournament. To be more precise...if u take 5 days to make a move, u will have 35 days remaining for u to finish the game. 40 day timebank may seem a lot, but believe me its not and its gonna be really very tense.
    yes - this tournament is for people who play most days, it is not for someone who only plays on the weekend.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree