Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Somewhere I belong!
    Joined
    26 Nov '02
    Moves
    282402
    26 Jan '05 02:11
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Joined
    30 Dec '03
    Moves
    176648
    26 Jan '05 02:20
    Nice post.........
  3. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Somewhere I belong!
    Joined
    26 Nov '02
    Moves
    282402
    26 Jan '05 02:26
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Nice post.........
    sounds funny
  4. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    No need for violence
    tinyurl.com/y9866mgt
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24921
    31 Jan '05 07:45
    Originally posted by Talem16
    sounds funny
    Less filling!
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Joined
    18 Aug '03
    Moves
    54533
    01 Feb '05 02:26
    i think greyeyesofsorrow bat ironman around for a bit ... but he is now eating his hat.

    mateulose also bat IM for a bit, but is now eating his own shorts.

    hungtn tried to bat Mr Iron but Mr Iron bat hungtn, and then bat him again, and was going to bat him again ... incredibly ... IM made a mouseslip and ... Game 502661 !!!!
  6. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Joined
    02 Sep '04
    Moves
    174290
    01 Feb '05 03:561 edit
    I'm probably missing something but why did IM resign? What if he moves to h7? white can't check again and black queens a pawn. Right?
  7. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Joined
    01 May '04
    Moves
    64653
    01 Feb '05 07:44
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I'm probably missing something but why did IM resign? What if he moves to h7? white can't check again and black queens a pawn. Right?
    What do you mean? If ...Kh7 QxB+ and mate next move.
  8. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Joined
    18 Aug '03
    Moves
    54533
    01 Feb '05 09:402 edits
    i think GalaxyShield has a point .... Ironman blundered twice ....Game 502661

    Blunder 1: 45 ...Kg7?? leaving a forcing winning sequence for white to play; 45 ..Kh7 won the game for black.

    Blunder 2: 46 ...Resignation. .... hungtn seems to be a 1700 player ... as Galaxy very precisely demonstrates: 1700 players will often miss the forcing and winning sequence of moves that were required; Ironman was still in with a chance.
  9. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Joined
    02 Sep '04
    Moves
    174290
    01 Feb '05 16:16
    Originally posted by arrakis
    What do you mean? If ...Kh7 QxB+ and mate next move.
    Ahh, like I said I was probably missing something. I thought the pawn was protecting the bishop hense my confusion. Oh well. But yeah, it mighta been a little to early to resign.
  10. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Somewhere I belong!
    Joined
    26 Nov '02
    Moves
    282402
    06 Feb '05 09:08
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i think greyeyesofsorrow bat ironman around for a bit ... but he is now eating his hat.

    mateulose also bat IM for a bit, but is now eating his own shorts.

    hungtn tried to bat Mr Iron but Mr Iron bat hungtn, and then bat him again, and was going to bat him again ... incredibly ... IM made a mouseslip and ... Game 502661 !!!!
    very funny +(*!*)+
Back to Top