1. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    22 Mar '04 07:56
    A number of first rounds in tournements have finished and players are eager to start the second round. But for days this doesn't happen .. in the meanwhile new tournements are opened. I think ... and hope ... that these second rounds will start soon .. not in the least because I have managed to reach a second round for the very first time 😉
  2. Zeist, Holland
    Moves
    22 Mar '04 10:21
    Well, I guess this is because the tournaments are progressed manually (by Russ or Chrismo), instead of automatically. It would indeed be a great improvement when this auto-start&advance feature is implemented. For example if the max number of players in a tourney is reached or if the next round is due.
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    22 Mar '04 10:29
    Originally posted by NicolaiS
    A number of first rounds in tournements have finished and players are eager to start the second round. But for days this doesn't happen .. in the meanwhile new tournements are opened. I think ... and hope ... that these second rounds will start soon .. not in the least because I have managed to reach a second round for the very first time 😉
    i suggest you say exactly which tournament it is so russ knows where to go.
  4. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    22 Mar '04 10:48
    Theta Grouped Random

and

Beta Quickfire Rookie
  5. Standard memberArther
    The Turtle Hermit
    Turtle Island
    Moves
    22 Mar '04 14:23
    Also Beta Quickfire Midi...
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 19:24
    I know it can result it some delays - but never too long. I have a script that I run that alerts me to which tournaments progressing. (Also, Trekkie does a fine job of tipping me off too 🙂 )

Because of the large number of games that are often created, I prefer to start tournament rounds manually. That way, I can delay any processing until the site is under less load. And if I can see any evidence of a problem, I'm right there to fix it. I may well make it automatic one day though.

-Russ
  7. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 21:26
    Thanks for the explanation. I will not nag about it anymore. I was just wondering about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree