1. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 10:38
    Has there ever been an inter-nation tournament where each country is represented by, say, the top five players of that nation at RHP?

If not, there should be.
  2. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 10:40
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Has there ever been an inter-nation tournament where each country is represented by, say, the top five players of that nation at RHP?

If not, there should be.
    No, because not everyone has their countries flags in their profile. anyone could play for tuvalu, fiji, etc...
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 11:17
    Those who don't declare for a country would not take part.

As to false declarations - I don't think people really choose a flag of a country which is not their own, do they?
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 11:32
    Those who don't declare for a country would not take part.

As to false declarations - I don't think people really choose a flag of a country which is not their own, do they?
    Yes. I'm really from the US I just am ashamed of that fact.
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 12:362 edits
    Well, if Alexei Shirov - a Latvian living in Lithuania - can play for Spain, don't know if it matters that much.

Xanthos - wouldn't worry, New Zealand has a fine sporting tradition of stealing other countries' stars. Maybe you could have chosen Fiji or Samoa for balance?
  6. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 12:44
    I don't think people really choose a flag of a country which is not their own, do they?
    You'd be surprised, some people seem to change their flags like their underwear! 🙄
  7. Earth Prime
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 13:56
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Yes. I'm really from the US I just am ashamed of that fact.
    you are!? I've been telling everyone about my new friend from New Zealand. Thanks a lot.
  8. Joined
    21 Sep '04
    Moves
    23 Aug '05 21:47
    I think the World Cup is a really good idea - I may have to envoke my Brazillian grandmother though as I wouldnt get in an England team!
  9. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 10:30
    Originally posted by APB
    I think the World Cup is a really good idea - I may have to envoke my Brazillian grandmother though as I wouldnt get in an England team!
    And maybe give yourself a soccer-style Brazilian name, e.g. "Apbinho"?
  10. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 19:06
    Can I say I'm hungarian so I can play? My grandparents were, and some of my aunts were born there. 😛
  11. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 19:22
    Can't Russ verify where everyone is really from by IP address? If so, if people join the tourney under a wrong flag, Russ could go through the list and change everyone's flag before the tourney starts right? If there's a way to get it to work, it sounds like a good idea to me.
  12. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 19:23
    Originally posted by ark13
    Can I say I'm hungarian so I can play? My grandparents were, and some of my aunts were born there. 😛
    I reckon as long as your grandparents were from a country, you should be able to represent that country. Many sports use that rule.

Not that it's going to happen, judging from the lack of support for the idea.
  13. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 19:241 edit
    Or just rely on honesty (perhaps with a team of mods to go round to people's houses...)
  14. Joined
    21 Sep '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 19:55
    IP address does not prove country of origin. I think this is a great idea, we could have regional qualifiers with the final to be combined with the real (football) world cup next year!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree