1. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 01:12
    For those in the Tournament ero Timeout Alpha
    http://www.timeforchess.com/tournament/view.php?tid=115

How do you like it? It's not yet 80 days, will you make it to a clear ending? Will the draw button come into play? Are you using the bank quicker than your opponent?

Russ: Are timeouts automatic at the end of the 40 day timebank or does someone have to claim the win like during a OTB tournament?

The games do seem to be going faster, especially for the group size. I would like to play a zero timeout game, but chickened out of playing the Alpha Tournament with 14 simultaneous games 😳
  2. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 13:26
    I have the same problem Coletti. I do like the idea about the zero day timeout 40 day time-bank. But I would like to see it in "smaller" tours and with more equal ratings.
  3. Joined
    23 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 18:13
    😠 hi can i play
  4. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 18:35
    Originally posted by Chesscake9000
    😠 hi can i play
    Only when you subscribe to the site ... a mere $ 15,00 for a whole year.
  5. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    24 Mar '04 01:17
    Apart from my own failure to progress further 😠 I think it has been very successful so far. There is something about that revolving clock that gets you moving! It certainly sets the stage for some fixed duration, and hopefully some Swiss system tournaments. Even shorter periods than 40 days would work. With 55 days to go in the Alpha tournament there are only about 20% of games unfinished.

6. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    24 Mar '04 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Apart from my own failure to progress further 😠 I think it has been very successful so far. There is something about that revolving clock that gets you moving! It certainly sets the stage for some fixed duration, and hopefully some S ...[text shortened]... Alpha tournament there are only about 20% of games unfinished.

also seeing how quickly the new zero timeout filled

it sounds like it might be nice to have a 30 day tourney and see where that leads us .....

.... gp size 9 with 72 players, original?
    would be just 2 rounds, 16 games per round.
  7. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    25 Mar '04 19:08
    Again .. I couldn't help myself ... I had to enlist ... 😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree