easy riders   solution?

easy riders solution?

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
19 Aug 16

Originally posted by moonbus
I find the argument that resigning games, irrespective of board position, is legitimate after a match has been decided tenuous. It makes no difference whether a player resigns a game on the 1st move or on the 51st move, it makes no difference whether a player resigns a game in a match which has already been decided or in a match which is still wide op ...[text shortened]... time limits are for: play shorter time limits and you'll get through your games/matches quicker.
The problem then is that if a player wants to end the game and can't resign (as it would look bad to people like yourself) all they have to do is play a few bad moves and lose.

What carrobie and co is doing is a hundred times worse that resigning games in ties that are already won. I haven't checked but are you in his clan or one of his sister clans? Your argument here is so minor compared to what carrobie and co are doing.Maybe the big problem should be tackled instead of squabbling over the scraps.

rc

Moves
19 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by radioactive69
The problem then is that if a player wants to end the game and can't resign (as it would look bad to people like yourself) all they have to do is play a few bad moves and lose.

What carrobie and co is doing is a hundred times worse that resigning games in ties that are already won. I haven't checked but are you in his clan or one of his sister clans ...[text shortened]... and co are doing.Maybe the big problem should be tackled instead of squabbling over the scraps.
you don't understand a single thing, its like a black hole of eternal darkness sucking all matter and light in. I am going to try to explain the concept to you and those other brain dead dullards that thumbed your pathetic drivel of a post up.

We are proposing a system based on ELO change, can you tell the forum of what benefit would it be and I quote, 'to play a few bad moves and lose'. thats correct it would be of no benefit whatsoever and your text in such a scenario makes absolutely NO SENSE! Its amazing how much you and those other racketeers the metalibawbags resist changes to the system because it would for once and all time put an end to your sandbagging ways.

m

Moves
19 Aug 16
2 edits

Originally posted by moonbus
I find the argument that resigning games, irrespective of board position, is legitimate after a match has been decided tenuous. It makes no difference whether a player resigns a game on the 1st move or on the 51st move, it makes no difference whether a player resigns a game in a match which has already been decided or in a match which is still wide op ...[text shortened]... time limits are for: play shorter time limits and you'll get through your games/matches quicker.
I guess I will add my thoughts to this debate....

First, there needs to be some concensus on what constitutes an accurate rating.
To suggest that a person resign a game when he or she could still fight on makes for an inaccurate rating is false when that person will probably lose that game anyways.
Additionally, case in point, if you play an opponent with a rating equal to you, your rating will either:
- go up 16 points if you win
- go down 16 points if you lose
- stay the same if you draw
The formula is in the FAQ's ... btw ...
Meaning that if you or your opponent resigns, your rating can be 16 points different from one split second to the next !!
Because this site is computerized. Ratings change on the split second.
So, which rating is accurate ??? Hmmm ??
Rather than putting more limitations on clan challenges, I might suggest a review on the logic for computing the rating formula on a game by game basis. I think that having a rating drop or rise by 16 points on ONE game is a bit steep. That for 2 equally rated players.

Secondly, clan challenges are a team sport. The objective is to win the team challenge !! Period !!
Additionally, the ability to set new challenges is dependant on the number of challenges in progress. Site administration has put some restrictions
on clan challenges because of the first attempt at collusion in 2015.
So all clans, not just Metallica, have to keep the challenges moving.

Thirdly, I will suggest that your argument is somewhat tinted with your personal view on what is going on here.
For you to suggest that "solving collusion will not solve the issue" is an attempt to portray the collusion as the secondary issue and the alleged sandbagging perceived as the primary issue.
Wrong !!!!
The issue here is the collusion that has gone between 4 clans in the clan challenges this year.
The collusion is not the secondary issue, it is the PRIMARY ISSUE !!
To set challenges that tilts the results in favor of one clan is the most serious abuse of the clan feature that has been provided by this site.
Having players throw games in the clan challenges to tilt the challenge in favor of one clan is an abuse of the clan system.
Period !!!
Trying to go on and on about a secondary issue that Carrobie, McTayto and company are trying to portray as the primary is a waste of your eloquent post.

Fourthly, I will make a personal comment on the accusations against our clan.
I personally do NOT resign clan games where I am winning or the game is close. We are going get the points anyways.
I see several challenges in our (Metallica) library where the outcome has been decided.
We have one player playing on trying to win the game.
I personally will offer an opponent a draw in a decided challenge if the game is close.
If that opponent accepts the draw, my rating will change very little if we are closely matched.
Where you might see an increase in this activity is near the end of the year where every clan is trying to get their won challenges in the books if they are in contention.
I have found that opponents have slowed down their moves to try prevent our clan from collecting the points before year end if the race is close.
My point being that the argument goes both ways !!

Finally, each clan leader should have the ability to work through the nuances present in the clan challenge system.
The clan system is informal as everybody knows. A good clan leader will know how to navigate through these nuances.
We happen to have a clan leader who very good at this.
He also does his homework, we know that.
And for that we have been the target of innuendo, slurs and accusations for years.
And we respond how we always do. We play well.
Our detractors can keep the accusations coming.
We will continue to play through them.

Everybody knows how Easy Riders have responded.
That should be the focus of the discussion in this forum.

m

Moves
19 Aug 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you don't understand a single thing, its like a black hole of eternal darkness sucking all matter and light in. I am going to try to explain the concept to you and those other brain dead dullards that thumbed your pathetic drivel of a post up.

We are proposing a system based on ELO change, can you tell the forum of what benefit would it be and ...[text shortened]... hanges to the system because it would for once and all time put an end to your sandbagging ways.
When you say "we are proposing a change", does that mean you are part of the discussion ?
That's rich !!
After the stunt you have pulled with your sister clans, you should not be part of any discussion. Period !!!

rc

Moves
19 Aug 16
4 edits

Originally posted by mghrn55
I guess I will add my thoughts to this debate....

First, there needs to be some concensus on what constitutes an accurate rating.
To suggest that a person resign a game when he or she could still fight on makes for an inaccurate rating is false when that person will probably lose that game anyways.
Additionally, case in point, if you player an opponent ...[text shortened]... knows how Easy Riders have responded.
That should be the focus of the discussion in this forum.
Your clan is on record stating that you are a fool if you do not resign clan games if the challenge is numerically won and no matter how much you would like to sweep it under the carpet, deflect it with vain references to the Easy Riders its what you and your clan of sandbaggers do. A system based on ELO would soon put a stop to that. A system with a separate rating for clan games would also stop you from using tournaments to reduce your rating as you were caught reducing it from 1800 to 1600 only last week.

rc

Moves
19 Aug 16
2 edits

When you say "we are proposing a change", does that mean you are part of the discussion ?
That's rich !!
After the stunt you have pulled with your sister clans, you should not be part of any discussion. Period !!!
I actually took the matter to site ideas and posted the proposals there, perhaps its you who needs to be part of the discussion and attempt to understand what is being proposed, oh wait, you are not a clan leader, only a pompous windbag that likes to act like one. Please carry on with your meaningless drivel.

m

Moves
19 Aug 16

Your clan is on record stating that you are a fool if you do not resign clan games if the challenge is numerically won and no matter how much you would like to sweep it under the carpet, deflect it with vain references to the Easy Riders its what you and your clan of sandbaggers do. A system based on ELO would soon put a stop to that. A system with ...[text shortened]... urnaments to reduce your rating as you were caught reducing it from 1800 to 1600 only last week.
You should talk !!
You seem to think that ending games in decided challenges is worse than throwing games in undecided challenges.

You live in some kind of bizarro world !!
Your sad obsession with our clan has badly warped your sense of logic !!

The biggest abuse that has happened in the clan system is 4 clans putting together challenges
that are preset to throw clan points at your clan.
Period !!!

You just keep coming at me with your sandbagging babble !!
You just make it too easy for me to wipe the floor with you !!
Of course, you probably think you are winning every argument in this forum. 😴😴😴😴

rc

Moves
19 Aug 16
1 edit

You should talk !!
You seem to think that ending games in decided challenges is worse than throwing games in undecided challenges.

You live in some kind of bizarro world !!
Your sad obsession with our clan has badly warped your sense of logic !!

The biggest abuse that has happened in the clan system is 4 clans putting together challenges
that are ...[text shortened]... th you !!
Of course, you probably think you are winning every argument in this forum. 😴😴😴😴
more bawbaggery! teas oot for you Mhgoobs!

m

Moves
19 Aug 16

I actually took the matter to site ideas and posted the proposals there, perhaps its you who needs to be part of the discussion and attempt to understand what is being proposed, oh wait, you are not a clan leader, only a pompous windbag that likes to act like one. Please carry on with your meaningless drivel.
Hilarious !!
Site admin will see the author of the great ideas.
Someone they know manufactured bogus challenges !!
I think they will just file your wonderful proposals somewhere. 😀😀

rc

Moves
19 Aug 16

Hilarious !!
Site admin will see the author of the great ideas.
Someone they know manufactured bogus challenges !!
I think they will just file your wonderful proposals somewhere. 😀😀
Please take your time to read the text, the author of the ideas moonbus is cited. My goodness you are a donkey.

m

Moves
19 Aug 16

more bawbaggery! teas oot for you Mhgoobs!
518 out of 886 net points from Anti-Metallica, Breaking Bad and Arrow clans.
Is that what you were trying to say ?? 😀😀😀😀

m

Moves
19 Aug 16

Please take your time to read the text, the author of the ideas moonbus is cited. My goodness you are a donkey.
I'll get around it to reading Moonbus' ideas sometime.
There is a more pressing issue to deal with in the clan system.

518 out of 886 net points !!
😀

rc

Moves
19 Aug 16
1 edit

I'll get around it to reading Moonbus' ideas sometime.
There is a more pressing issue to deal with in the clan system.

518 out of 886 net points !!
😀
Its not working for you because as moonbus has already pointed out citing where we have fairly won our points does not address the issues that are plaguing the clan system, its simply another failed attempt at deflection and demonstrates that you have a very poor grasp of the matter.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Aug 16

Its not working for you because as moonbus has already pointed out citing where we have fairly won our points does not address the issues that are plaguing the clan system, its simply another failed attempt at deflection and demonstrates that you have a very poor grasp of the matter.
robbie,
IF moonbus sincerely thinks you have won your points fairly, he needs more help than you do, PERIOD!!!

Regards,
-VR

m

Moves
19 Aug 16

Since the collusion is the main issue on the table this year, you need to come
to grips with who is doing the deflection !!
Trying to convince the world that the deck chairs on the Titanic are in need of repair
is just continually making you and your cohorts look more stupid every day !! 😀😀

ps .... please explain to McTayto .... that was a metaphor. 😀😀